Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now.

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Driver on printer is unavailable. Have tried deleting and reinstalling printer but when it reaches final stage it freezes and nothing happens. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarianMcCann, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now.

Driver on printer is unavailable. Have tried deleting and reinstalling printer but when it reaches final stage it freezes and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem and have they been able to resolve the problem?

:)

MarianMcCann, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 13, 2018
  3. HP6520 printer unable to print on Windows 10

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you facing issues with printing do let us know the following:

• What exactly happens when you try to print the content?
    • Is this printer works fine when connected to different computer?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below and check.

Step 1: Run printer troubleshooter from the below link:

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to remove and update the drivers for the printer and check if it helps.

To remove printer driver from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in
      Run
      window to open Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

To install the printer driver refer to: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now.

after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now.

1. Latest Windows 10 update may have deleted printer driver as cannot print now. - Similar Threads - Latest update may

2. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  3. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  4. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  6. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  7. Windows 10 update deleting printer drivers

Windows 10 update deleting printer drivers: I have two computers running Windows 10 OS. Every time Windows 10 does an update it deletes my printer drivers and I have to reinstall the printer. I have seen where someone else asked the same question but the response provided by Microsoft did not advise of a resolve on...
  8. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

Windows 10 latest update now have a problem: PC Info Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 16362 System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Intel I7-6700K BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte technology Co., BaseBoard Product Z170-HD3P-SFBaseBoard Installed Ram 16GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Asus USB-AC56 bo2.11ac...
  9. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 latest update now have a problem: PC Info (don't know how much you need so here is the info) Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  10. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...