Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Update temporarily locked me out of Publisher documents and messed up my...

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Update temporarily locked me out of Publisher documents and messed up my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just go the latest update from Windows 10 and when watching videos now, hitting the increase volume and decrease volume buttons toggles the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DocAhrens, Sep 16, 2018.

1. DocAhrens Win User

Latest Windows 10 Update temporarily locked me out of Publisher documents and messed up my...

I just go the latest update from Windows 10 and when watching videos now, hitting the increase volume and decrease volume buttons toggles the browser in and out of full screen mode but has no effect on the sound. In addition, I had to completely recreate an entire brochure from scratch because Microsoft Publisher refused to open the file that I just finished creating and saving the night before in the same version of Microsoft Publisher. I saved an extra copy and also a pdf version just in case. In fact, if I hadn't saved a pdf version the night before, it would have taken me 5 hours to recreate the document I could not open, instead it only took me an hour which made me quite late going back to work that morning!! I got home that night and guess what - could not open the file AGAIN. I got another update that night which took WAY TOO long to load, I finally gave up after 45 minutes and went to bed. When I woke up, I COULD open the file. But the problem with the Browser video sound controls is still present. Oh, almost forgot, and my microphone no longer works as well. Tried to use Cortana, but it cannot hear me, and the troubleshooter is worthless! No help and takes forever and get me confusing feedback and then doesn't tell me how to remedy the problem.

:)

DocAhrens, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2018
  3. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Sep 16, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Latest Windows 10 Update temporarily locked me out of Publisher documents and messed up my...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 Update temporarily locked me out of Publisher documents and messed up my... - Similar Threads - Latest Update temporarily

2. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  3. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  4. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC: I downloaded the latest update to my PC. After installing, it told me my old pin was gone and I needed to set up a new one. For some reason, this required sending a code to my phone number. The problem is it sent the code to my old number. I hadn't changed my security...
  6. Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Updated Locked Me Out of PC: I downloaded the latest update to my PC. After installing, it told me my old pin was gone and I needed to set up a new one. For some reason, this required sending a code to my phone number. The problem is it sent the code to my old number. I hadn't changed my security...
  7. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  8. Latest update messed up my PC

Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  9. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar: [IMG] After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-messed-up-my-taskbar/49f303b1-4090-4867-8b00-0ee7358e53bb
  10. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...