Windows 10: latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run

Discus and support latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Creator.exe program that has been successfully running on Windows 10. I have Windows Security set to allow this app through Controlled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cj5466, Mar 5, 2020.

1. cj5466 Win User

latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run

I have a Creator.exe program that has been successfully running on Windows 10.

I have Windows Security set to allow this app through Controlled Access folder.

After the latest Windows update, when trying to run the .exe, I get a red box stating that "This app has been blocked for your protection".

How to I get the application .exe to run?

Thanks.

:)

cj5466, Mar 5, 2020

2. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 5, 2020
  4. latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run

1. latest windows 10 update will not let my .exe program run - Similar Threads - latest update let

2. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe: I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I...
  3. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe: I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I...
  4. Windows 2004 won't let you run an exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 2004 won't let you run an exe file: Hello, I downloaded the version of windows 2004 21H1, I want to run an .exe file, but windows recognizes it as a virus and does not let it, and there is no option to run it anyway, this appears here when I run Something maybe bad modified the original contents of this file....
  5. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  6. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  7. Windows wont let app run or load new program exe

Windows wont let app run or load new program exe: For some reason Windows 10 has blocked an app I have been using for years. Windows 10 security lists it as a potentially unwanted app. When I click Actions it only allows Remove or Quarantine. I do not want to do either. Where is the option to ALLOW? The exe file to install...
  8. exe file latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    exe file latest update: how to back up my data please help me then i want to install exe file but always connected to microsoft play store how i can fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-latest-update/fd1b254a-4d80-4077-9c1c-5c8074ac6241
  9. Latest Windows 10 update (KB4338819) My programs won't run on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 update (KB4338819) My programs won't run on startup: Windows updated my rig last week with latest build- KB4338819 OS build 17134.165. Since then, none of the programs I had running automatically on startup (Ccleaner, Malwarebytes, etc) will run at all, even though I have checked startup options in each program. I now have...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Update removed ALL my programs.

Latest Windows 10 Update removed ALL my programs.: I had an update last night and afterwards I shut my PC off. I came back today and while Chrome was still installed, I used that for a few hours and was fine, until I noticed EVERY program I had installed on my PC was gone! What would cause this?! I've had Windows 10 installed...