Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've no idea what is going on. Launching certain games disables the image on my TV. I unplug and plug the HDMI cable onto my PC again and again but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TyphonuZ, May 22, 2020.

1. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

I've no idea what is going on. Launching certain games disables the image on my TV. I unplug and plug the HDMI cable onto my PC again and again but nothing shows up. The computer is still running, but no image is displayed and I am forced to shut it down via the power button.
    For further testing, I used a monitor and launched a few games - this time, what happened were BSODs.
    I've already unistalled update KB4556799. I have tried to uninstall update KB4551762, but Windows is refusing to let me do it. I don't know what to do. All I can say is that Windows 10 is a joke of an OS.

submitted by /u/TyphonuZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TyphonuZ, May 22, 2020

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, May 22, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, May 22, 2020
  4. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

1. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems - Similar Threads - Latest updates causing

2. Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows software and began having audio issues. For me this manifests as my Bluetooth headset repeatedly flickering between connected, voice, then audio. The connection is active, the device just isn't usable. I am looking at other users...
  3. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  4. Problem after latest windows 10 update.

Problem after latest windows 10 update.: After latest windows 10 update10-20 one of the features on my HP laptop no longer works. On my Windows 10 HP Pavilion an i5/2.7Ghz/12 Gig of memory with backlit keyboard I have a "mute button" the mute featuresound on/off works as it should but the light on the key doesn't...
  5. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  6. Internet problems caused by latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet problems caused by latest update: Hi all, I have installed KB4541335. Now I have a problem that my laptop is connected to router, but there is no internet. Th IP address starts from 169. I tried to install optional update KB4554364, but it seems it did not help. I have found some temporary solution - I have...
  7. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows 10 update causing problems: Windows did an automatic update to my laptops last week. Since then, every time I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on. I have to restart my laptop to get the screen to come on. Other than the inconvenience, I am concerned that turning off...
  9. Latest windows update, causing controller problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest windows update, causing controller problems: Hi, ever since i updated to the latest version of windows, my xbox 360 controller has been acting weird, for about 10-30 mins the controller will work fine and i'll have no problems, but after that, the controller doesn't work, none of the buttons work, no input is...
  10. Problems after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after windows 10 latest update: The first issue goes back to Dec. 2018... the sound on bluetooth is so raspy you can't even make out what people are saying. Have tried it with several bluetootgh devices and it is the same with all of them. Starting yesterday. the screen goes black and I have to power down...