Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rygu79, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Rygu79 Win User

Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it recognized the card.

However, now, I'm noticing a bunch of issues with the latest build. My Chrome is painfully slow and at least half the time not even responding. Geforce Experience won't open at all. My computer as a whole has become slow. I'm noticing the number of windows processes has gone from high 20's, low 30's in the previous build, to mid 80's. I have a 8700k, fiber internet, 16GB of 4133mhz GSkill ram, and this just doesn't seem to make sense on a clean Windows, fully updated install. What am I missing?

:)

Rygu79, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

1. Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install. - Similar Threads - Latest very slow

2. Computer very slow after latest Windows Pro update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer very slow after latest Windows Pro update: After updating my Windows 11 Pro, my computer has become very slow and unstable causing it to restart from a green screen. My mouse can lag sometime as much as 2 second behind input giving it the appearance that it has a mind of its own....
  3. Computer very slow after latest Windows Pro update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer very slow after latest Windows Pro update: After updating my Windows 11 Pro, my computer has become very slow and unstable causing it to restart from a green screen. My mouse can lag sometime as much as 2 second behind input giving it the appearance that it has a mind of its own....
  4. Windows 10 very slow after installing KB5031224.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 very slow after installing KB5031224.: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. KB5031224 patch was installed on 15 Oct 2023 and system became very slow in performance. It was working almost satisfactory until installing this patch. Now it is very difficult to work with this machine.After...
  5. Windows 10 very slow after installing KB5031224.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 very slow after installing KB5031224.: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. KB5031224 patch was installed on 15 Oct 2023 and system became very slow in performance. It was working almost satisfactory until installing this patch. Now it is very difficult to work with this machine.After...
  6. Windows 10 very slow after installing KB5031224.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Explorer VERY slow after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer VERY slow after latest windows update: Hiya Since the latest windows 10 update mid August 2020? my windows explorer has become VERY slow. Taking 20 seconds or more to open a folder. Is this something that's known?...
  8. My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates: Can anyone help how to overcome, My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-working-very-slow-after-the-windows/cab176d0-32fe-42cc-8081-02595b5e9e52
  9. After installing windows 10 again one of the drives is very very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After installing windows 10 again one of the drives is very very slow: I did a new installation of windows 10 from a usb disk on key. For some reason it messed my partition/s and hard disks. I had before the drives C: D: E: now i have C: D: G: D: was C: and C: was E: Now the drive G: is not working almost at all. When i click on folders...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot: Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 . I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk, delete all partitions, created partitions again and choose to install Windows 10 . Now I have very long boot and shutdown time(at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow after fresh install