Windows 10: Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse...

Discus and support Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new Windows 11 insider preview build a few days ago. The current version is Build 22478.1012. It brings a couple of interesting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 18, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse...

Microsoft released a new Windows 11 insider preview build a few days ago. The current version is Build 22478.1012. It brings a couple of interesting changes to the operating system. The latest build includes the new Fluent emoji that users were waiting for, or does it? Take a look at the new emojis.

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... Windows-11-Fluent-Emoji.png

Here is a screenshot from Microsoft Design's blog, which showed off the 3D fluent emoji.

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... Windows-11-3D-emojis.jpg

If you look at the two images, you can tell that the design of the emojis are not even close. Brandon LeBlanc, Senior Program Manager of the Windows Insider Program, posted a Tweet in reply to a user who complained about the emojis. LeBlanc says that "they" (the Marketing team) used the wrong graphics, and that Windows 11 will use the 2D versions.

The 2D emojis are an upgrade from the current versions, but those 3D emoticons looked really crisp. That said, people aren't upgrading to a new OS just for the sake of emojis, are they? Well, I guess we should insert a sad face emoji here.

Moving on to the next important change, the new Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume quickly. Currently, you either have to rely on your keyboard's multimedia keys, or click the Volume icon on the system tray, and then drag the slide (or use the mouse wheel) to adjust the sound levels. The fresh preview build allows you to adjust the volume by mousing over the Volume icon, and scrolling the mouse wheel.

Image Courtesy: Microsoft

If you have been using the built-in file manager in Windows 11, you may have observed that it takes a second or two to perform various tasks. Build 22478 ships with a fix for File Explorer's bad performance. The latest version also fixes the Notification Center from getting stuck, and becoming non-responsive.

Interestingly, some users are reporting that they have blank tabs in the Windows 11 Task Manager. A few others say they experienced an SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error while updating to the new version. There are a few more known issues with this build, the Search function may not work correctly, and to fix this you need to open the Run box (Win + R), and close it. For the full list of known issues, check the official announcement.

Microsoft is introducing a new process for the update experience, called Update Stack Packages. It has been implemented in the Dev Channel starting with Build 22478, and will allow fixes to be installed before a Monthly or Feature update is installed. You may toggle the option for this feature from the Settings > Windows Update screen.

If you are currently enrolled into the Windows 11 Insider Preview program, you will see a Windows Update labeled KB5007328. Download and install it to patch your OS to Build 22478.1012.

Microsoft has also released a couple of new wallpapers to celebrate the 7th anniversary of the Windows Insider Program.

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... Windows-Insider-Program-new-wallpaper-light-theme.jpg

You can download the light theme and dark theme wallpapers from the official website.

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... Windows-Insider-Program-new-wallpaper-dark-theme.jpg

If you are on the stable version of Windows 11 or on Windows 10, and want a similar feature, try the open-source program, TbVolScroll.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse wheel over the tray icon appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 18, 2021

2. Unable to install latest insider preview build

Hi,

Currently I am on 14986 build and unable to install the latest build and keep getting the pop-up message to install the latest build. As I am trying to update the build but it's keep failing and getting error. Is there any direct link to download and install
    the latest insider preview build. Please give any suggestion to help me out.

vivek maurya, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Why is my mouse scroll changing my volume

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse scroll, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    • Have you tried using your mouse to a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried a different mouse to your current computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try installing the latest hardware driver to resolve the issue. You may follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse...

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse...

1. Latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build lets you change the volume by scrolling the mouse... - Similar Threads - Latest Insider Preview

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140: Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 11 to the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. You can now update to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140 The latest version focuses on improving the...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22579 lets you name folders in the Start Menu, adds CD...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22579 lets you name folders in the Start Menu, adds CD...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22579 has been released for users in the Developer Channel. It lets you name folders in the Start Menu, adds CD Playback in Media Player, and more. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22579 Add Names for Start Menu...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22572 lets you access File Explorer's old menu directly,...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22572 lets you access File Explorer's old menu directly,...: Microsoft has announced Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22572 for users who have participated in the Dev Channel. It adds some new apps, changes a couple of options, and introduces a new shortcut to use File Explorer's old menu. [ATTACH] Shift + Right-click in File Explorer...
  5. Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build: The Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 is now available for testers who have opted into the Developer Channel. This release introduces a couple of new features, the first of which replaces the volume slider that is usually displayed in the top left corner of the screen....
  6. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  7. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  8. insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  9. Where to look for the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Features?

in Windows 10 News
    Where to look for the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Features?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds are a great way for business owners and developers to get to use the new features which are work-in-progress. As a part of this program, users are allowed to test new features in Windows 10, [...] This post Where to look for...
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....