Windows 10: Latest Windows Update 1903 - Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Latest Windows Update 1903 - Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I was notified of a new Windows 10 Update, I accepted it to download and install, upon its installation the computer needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlT3, Jun 18, 2019.

1. CarlT3 Win User

Latest Windows Update 1903 - Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

Recently I was notified of a new Windows 10 Update, I accepted it to download and install, upon its installation the computer needed to reboot, when shutting down, blue screen IRQL blah blah blah

Upon restarting my computer manually, I was fortunate that windows reverted back to pre 1903 however now each time I was to shutdown my Windows 10 does not completely shutdown, instead it just freezes.

I've done some online research into windows 10 and blue screens, in doing that, I wiped my C drive and did a clean install of windows 10 Pro ensuring all drivers were from the manufactures, removed all USB devices and rebooted into safe mode etc etc etc... nothing seems to fix my windows problem.

Windows has not stored or saved any Mini dump files or folders for me to show you, I have included my specs to show you my PC is new.

The Windows memory scan tool, tries to reboot my PC then it freezes, so it can never actually do a scan.

Here are my system specs;

<snip>

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name CARL-PC

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU SKU

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 30/04/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale Australia

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.529"

Username CARL0-PC\******

Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 27.4 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 30.7 GB

Page File Space 5.00 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualisation-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

</snip>

I am at a loss at what to do about this,

I would appreciate your help Mircosoft.

:)

CarlT3, Jun 18, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 18, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest Windows Update 1903 - Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Latest Update 1903

2. Unable to update Windows 10 v 1903 to latest update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Windows 10 v 1903 to latest update 22H2: Tried everything from Microsoft website and google. These are the Panther logs: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>-<CompatReport xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/ApplicationExperience/UpgradeAdvisor/01012009"><System X64Running="True"...
  3. Unable to update Windows 10 v 1903 to latest update 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 v 1903 to latest update 22H2: Tried everything from Microsoft website and google. These are the Panther logs: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>-<CompatReport xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/ApplicationExperience/UpgradeAdvisor/01012009"><System X64Running="True"...
  4. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909: Notes: 1 Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA OEM 2 Reformatted the HD 3 Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA OEM based computer. 4 Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case. 5 Installation completed. Program...
  5. Unable to update to Windows 10 Pro, 1903

Unable to update to Windows 10 Pro, 1903: Trying to update from Windows 10 Pro 1809 to 1903. Receiving error 0x80070003 from Windows Update in the Settings app. Have tried several methods, such as an in-place upgrade, net stop [services], sfc /scannow, DISM, deleting SystemDistribution folder, and even contacting...
  6. There is no Bluetooth to turn on the button under Windows 10 Pro 1903 to the latest update.

There is no Bluetooth to turn on the button under Windows 10 Pro 1903 to the latest update.: There is no Bluetooth to turn on the button under Windows 10 Pro 1903 to the latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-bluetooth-to-turn-on-the-button-under/d76b514d-1776-45b2-ae91-9d377e426bae
  7. Update to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

Update to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903: I just updated, I like to wait until the problems have been solved before I do, but I apparently didn't wait long enough... There are no answers yet. I was still having problems after the prior update when I gave up & contacted Support. They told me that version 1903 fixed...
  8. Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903

Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903: I have found out that after the update having problem sign in then need to change password two times still not able, last turn off the pc and on again then able to open window 10 using 6 digit pin code. Window 10 normal start up. As go through the app under photos and video...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update: Hi there ! I have 2 versions of Windows , Home and Pro. I have upgraded Home version to 1903 with no problems. Windows update recognize update automatically and installed it. While opposite at Pro version. Windows update doesn't find anything. So, i have downloaded...
  10. Surface Pro 3 not getting latest update to 1903 ...

Surface Pro 3 not getting latest update to 1903 ...: Hi! Has anyone got any information as to why my Surface Pro 3 is not getting the latest update to Windows 1903 ? Kind Regards, Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-not-getting-latest-update-to-1903/09de1b9f-00fa-4a92-841a-02b1f5a024d3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 update fails on system sku 3pq42ua#abl