Windows 10: Latest windows update 1909 broken some features.

Discus and support Latest windows update 1909 broken some features. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey people, Since the latest update, The Action Center stopped working - Whenever I press the Action Center button at the bottom right corner of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DT96, Mar 13, 2020.

1. DT96 Win User

Latest windows update 1909 broken some features.

Hey people,

Since the latest update, The Action Center stopped working - Whenever I press the Action Center button at the bottom right corner of my screen, it pops up and just disappears as if it crashed.

As well as Snip & Sketch just freezes my system, there's still audio but the image is frozen.

And also, Cortana's settings just don't seem to load up, it's just a blank page.

This really upsets me and I was wondering if anyone experienced that and found a fix.

:)

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 13, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 13, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Rollout of Feature Update 1909 Curiousity

Notify? Feel free to search the tutorial list
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index
    for Windows Update Notify e.g.

Latest windows update 1909 broken some features. [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest windows update 1909 broken some features. - Similar Threads - Latest update 1909

2. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  3. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  4. Latest feature update is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Run As Administrator broken

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Run As Administrator broken: The day before the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909, I was using right-click Run as Administrator for several tasks, such as Command Prompt, VAMT, etc. After the update, Run as Administrator no longer works. Instead of bringing up the UAC box to allow running the...
  6. Latest 1909 updates .

Latest 1909 updates .: Has anyone else had numerous apps suspended by the latest 1909 windows 10 update , including the update on March 1 2020. Microsoft store , mail, edge, cortana, WinRT OOP server ,windows shell experience host , Money and other apps are inaccessible and when attempts are made...
  7. Latest Feature update

Latest Feature update: I have noticed for a while that the latest feature update has been available to be to download. I do not want to be too quick off the mark in case there are bugs in it. Is it possible that it will download at some point without my intervention?...
  8. Latest feature update

Latest feature update: Are others having problems getting homepage and other sites to open? At times my PC just freezes. I have uninstalled the new Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, version 1903 and reinstalled it. I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have a fix?...
  9. feature update 1909

feature update 1909: is it reliable should I update it or has it any bugs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-1909/dbe7bb14-73e3-4296-84ad-fc0c3e38603e
  10. Windows latest feature update.

Windows latest feature update.: So I recently switched over to Widows 10 from 8.1 and now it's updating. Every other updates were installed but the feature update isn't downloading and it's stuck at 0 %. Please help a brother out....