Windows 10: Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

Discus and support Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by euniqe, Oct 23, 2021.

1. euniqe Win User

Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in both my motherboard's Realtek driver software and also the windows Sound Settings panel, the "test" function produces audio in all channels perfectly. Everything seems to work fine in troubleshooting - just not when I actually need to use the devices. It's literally just things like Chrome/Firefox/Edge, video games, iTunes

:)

euniqe, Oct 23, 2021

2. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mediaq/a...d00_audio_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_tips.aspx

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Oct 23, 2021
  3. jds63 Win User
    Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack.

I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound output to my Logitech Z906 Speakers connected to it's optical input.

Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,... [​IMG]

When i do this i receive this message and it will not allow me to set the encoder setting to either Dolby Digital Live or DTS connect. As far as i can see nothing else is using my audio device.

Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,... [​IMG]

Never had this issue before this update always worked fine i read about issues with other Sound Blaster Z cards and Dolby Atmos with this update 1903.

Tried reinstalling software and drivers does nothing for it i am using the latest driver software for this card, works fine using 3.5mm jacks and RCA jacks for speakers but not optical anymore. As i am not even able to select this this Encoder in the control panel of Sound Blaster just the message shown and goes back to no Encoder.

jds63, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

1. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,... - Similar Threads - Latest Update broke

2. Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound: Hello. I am currently having issues with sound on my huawei laptop, its a matebook d 15 with windows 11. I downloaded the most recent graphics drivers from amd's website and installed it. My sound then stopped working it had an x on the icon and it said there were no output...
  3. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  4. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...: Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in...
  5. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...: Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in...
  6. Latest Windows update broke audio driver

Latest Windows update broke audio driver: Hi, The latest windows update on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version broke my audio driver. Troubleshot sows 'generic driver detected' issue. My laptop is XPS 9560....
  7. Audio Driver is fine, but no sound

Audio Driver is fine, but no sound: Hello, I ran into a problem today. When I booted up my PC, the speaker logo at the bottom of the screen says that the Audio Service is not running, so I checked by opening services.msc and it was indeed disabled (though I had no idea how this could happen). Then, I enabled...
  8. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  9. Latest update broke my sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  10. Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows Update Broke My Sound: Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get...