Windows 10: Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off

Discus and support Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using Windows Pro 10 Education Using dual monitors Using a variety of HP machines Latest windows update changes the graphics driver from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timothy T Bostelle, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off

Using Windows Pro 10 Education

Using dual monitors

Using a variety of HP machines

Latest windows update changes the graphics driver from

• Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 version 23.20.16.4849

to

• Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 version 26.20.100.7156

When this is done, the computers all exhibit the same behaviour: monitors flash on and off and back on again at random intervals.

Solution so far: roll back the driver, kill Windows Update for Drivers.

Can you also please check your latest updates and remove this update?

:)

Timothy T Bostelle, Oct 24, 2019

2. My second monitor quit working after the latest update with Windows 10

Hi Jenny,

Your monitors may not be compatible with the latest update and causing this issue. Please tell us more about it by answering the following questions:

• What is exactly happening with your monitor?
    • When was the latest update installed?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Oct 24, 2019
  3. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off

my monitor flashes off randomly

Also, does the monitor turn on randomly and change the resolution?

If so, I found this, sent by DELL themselves:

Hi Will The Edge,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate that you’ve tried a couple of steps to resolve the issue.

Please try performing a couple of more steps mentioned below to fix this issue.

1. Please run the PC Diagnostics on the computer by clicking on the link below

http://dell.to/1dFtXxL
    2. Click on option PC Diagnostics and select Hardware and select the Video Card Stress test, once the test is completed restart the computer
    3. Please update the latest version of BIOS by clicking on the link below

http://dell.to/1dFtXxL
    4. Type in the Service tag and select the operating system and under option BIOS, Install the latest version of BIOS
    5. Install the latest version of AMD drivers for your ATI Radeon HD 5670 driver by clicking on the link below

http://bit.ly/18MmAjo
    You may look at the site I found it on: https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General/Monitor-Flashing-Off-and-On/td-p/4207601

MaximZaynullin, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off

1. Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off - Similar Threads - Latest Update Causes

2. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off: Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving any results (eg it won't accept the words "on" "and" or "off"), "Flashing", gives no results etc. That's just as an aside...
  3. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  4. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  5. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows: My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I...
  6. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  7. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold: My wife's HP desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition, is flashing the display on for half a second then off for a few seconds on boot up. This has been going on for about six months. When it started, it would do this for a few minutes, then stabilize as if something had...
  8. PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...: Latest WINDOWS update has caused serious problems to start or reboot PC. When Wallpaper appears (which has changed with update) it will not allow to click to enter password. The screen will flash on & off for many minutes before password may be entered to start PC. Numerous...
  9. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  10. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 26.20.100.7156

2. Intel Display Driver 26.20.100.7156 display issues

3. 26.20.100.7156 hp flicker

4. what causes a new monitor to flash