Windows 10: Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

Discus and support Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Just wanted to raise an issue that the latest windows update causes a hard drive error on my SSD, and leads to windows not starting up properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benjamin-Tan, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

Hi,

Just wanted to raise an issue that the latest windows update causes a hard drive error on my SSD, and leads to windows not starting up properly. In view of this, I managed to uninstall the latest update and now the errors are gone. As such, can I clarify if I am able to not install the update, or at least force windows to not auto-update, as from my understanding, windows will auto update even if I do not want it to.

Here are my specs if it helps:

SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" (Error before uninstalling, no error after)Ryzen 5 2600X

B450 Auros Pro Wifi
    RX580
    3.5" Barracuda HDD 2TB (no errors on this when i scanned before and after uninstalling update)
    16gb ram

:)

Benjamin-Tan, Dec 15, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Latest Update causing Crossfire issues:

Hi Xiltyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the below link, select appropriate graphic model number and
    download the latest graphics driver. If the graphics driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

1. Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues. - Similar Threads - Latest Update causes

2. Latest windows 11 update has caused USB device issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update has caused USB device issues: System:Windows 11, 12th gen intel CPU, Asus Motherboard z690, - system was functioning perfectly Pre update.Post installing:2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5018496 ;I now no longer have access to my webcam not recognised and my...
  3. Internal SSD causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD causing issues: I recently installed windows on a different ssd from my old one. When I would take the Old SSD out, windows 10 would not boot. I connected it back via a USB cable and it works now but if I unplug it, It freezes until I plug it back in. When I plug it back in, It gives me a...
  4. Internal SSD causing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SSD causing issues: I recently installed windows on a different ssd from my old one. When I would take the Old SSD out, windows 10 would not boot. I connected it back via a USB cable and it works now but if I unplug it, It freezes until I plug it back in. When I plug it back in, It gives me a...
  5. Internal SSD causing issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  7. Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues: Hi, I am looking to get some support over an issue I've recently got with the new 20H2 update. I've recently changed my boot drive with an NVMe SSD and installed the newest Windows update20H2 from Microsoft iso file/entitlement package. My issues started at the very first...
  8. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  9. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows: My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I...
  10. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update issue ssd