Windows 10: Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

Discus and support Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The update before the last 6/12/2020...you know the one that you couldn't uninstall : caused my mouse to repeatedly left click causing a denial of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pinatasteed, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

The update before the last 6/12/2020...you know the one that you couldn't uninstall : caused my mouse to repeatedly left click causing a denial of service-like attack on my own computer. After working with two different a Microsoft techs for over three days with no luck I solved the problem by installing Linux Mint on my desktop.

Now, my Surface tablet, after the most recent updates 7/29 and 7/30/2020 is causing my keyboard to repeatedly type a part6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666icular key as you can see in the previous word with the 6's : Am I going to have to spend another three days on this?...with no solution? I wonder. I really do have better things to do :

:)

pinatasteed, Aug 1, 2020

2. Backlight of keyboard not working after Windows 10's latest update

Hi Patel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest keyboard drivers from device manager and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select
      “Update”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows Key on Keyboard not working

Hi Baron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Make sure you install all the available pending Windows Update. Also install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.

• Click on View All on top left corner.

• Select Hardware from the list and follow the prompts for
      troubleshooting.
    Let us know the updated status after this. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

1. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys - Similar Threads - Latest update causing

2. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard hold causes repeats: If i start a game in my exampleark and i wanna walk for example and hold the w key it literally spams w no hold it spams i dont know how to fix this thing pls help me...
  3. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard hold causes repeats: If i start a game in my exampleark and i wanna walk for example and hold the w key it literally spams w no hold it spams i dont know how to fix this thing pls help me...
  4. Keyboard hold causes repeats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  6. keyboard keys repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys repeating: Using Updated Win 10 Pro Keyboard keys will not repeat unless re depressed. Is there a setting that effects this and how do I get to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-repeating/2d321ffa-9364-4dfd-898e-d65bb02cd3e2
  7. Latest Updates causing repeated BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Updates causing repeated BSOD.: About two weeks ago the windows auto updater installed new updates to my computer and from there on my computer would crash within 1-10 minutes of restarting. I would get an error:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.I restarted in safemode safe mode does not crash, which is what I'm...
  8. Keyboard keys repeating randomly

Keyboard keys repeating randomly: Hi I purchased a Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and randomly some keys will repeat continuously until I break the blue tooth connection which seems to be the only way to break the repeat cycle, it's easy to fix when it's just typing letters but when the delete key sticks...
  9. Keyboard hold causes repeats

Keyboard hold causes repeats: I have this annoying problem with the keyboard when I hold a button it counts as more presses than a press and it's spamming all over. This can cause problems while playing some games, for example when I have to claim a free prize in Fortnite there's a button that I must hold...
  10. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...