Windows 10: Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

Discus and support Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The update before the last 6/12/2020...you know the one that you couldn't uninstall : caused my mouse to repeatedly left click causing a denial of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pinatasteed, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

The update before the last 6/12/2020...you know the one that you couldn't uninstall : caused my mouse to repeatedly left click causing a denial of service-like attack on my own computer. After working with two different a Microsoft techs for over three days with no luck I solved the problem by installing Linux Mint on my desktop.

Now, my Surface tablet, after the most recent updates 7/29 and 7/30/2020 is causing my keyboard to repeatedly type a part6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666icular key as you can see in the previous word with the 6's : Am I going to have to spend another three days on this?...with no solution? I wonder. I really do have better things to do :

:)

pinatasteed, Aug 1, 2020

2. Backlight of keyboard not working after Windows 10's latest update

Hi Patel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest keyboard drivers from device manager and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select
      “Update”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows Key on Keyboard not working

Hi Baron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Make sure you install all the available pending Windows Update. Also install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.

• Click on View All on top left corner.

• Select Hardware from the list and follow the prompts for
      troubleshooting.
    Let us know the updated status after this. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys

1. Latest Windows update causing keyboard to repeatedly enter keys - Similar Threads - Latest update causing

2. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  3. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  4. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  5. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  6. Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.: I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10. The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard...
  7. Keyboard hold causes repeats

Keyboard hold causes repeats: I have this annoying problem with the keyboard when I hold a button it counts as more presses than a press and it's spamming all over. This can cause problems while playing some games, for example when I have to claim a free prize in Fortnite there's a button that I must hold...
  8. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows: My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I...
  9. Latest Window Update causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  10. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...