Windows 10: Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!

Discus and support Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2/12/2019. I come into work this morning and am hit with 8 staff members who cannnot use their laptop after Windows update!! After login, screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anne Pingel, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!

2/12/2019. I come into work this morning and am hit with 8 staff members who cannnot use their laptop after Windows update!! After login, screen is dark blue with nothing but a flashing task bar. Hours of frustration, nothing that I do works. SO tired of Microsoft and their updates constantly causing problems and headaches!!! Last month, same thing with updates, only screen was black with flashing task bar. At least that time, removing battery worked to get them back up and running, however that update destroyed a desktop and had to re-install the entire operating system!

So Microsoft what is your fix to the problem this time????

IF you can provide help it would be appreciated.

:)

Anne Pingel, Feb 12, 2019

2. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

Hey guys.

Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows
    update, keep in mind too, this didnt happen until now.

Is there any wayi can track down what is causing this and fix it?

LatchedCobra469, Feb 12, 2019
  3. BOINC for Windows Domain Controllers

Long story short, BOINC stopped supporting domain controllers after version 5.10.45 and 5.10.45 broke because it's HTTPS security certificates are out of date. Requirements:
    • Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition or newer (must be 64-bit)
    • Must have domain controller role installed.
    If neither of these requirements are met, just use the latest version from Berkeley.

The solution:
    • Download this ZIP from TPU (thanks @Wizzard!)
    • Extract everything from the ZIP to the desktop or some place you can easily access it.
    • Run "boinc_5.10.45_windows_x86_64.exe" to install 5.10.45 as normal.
    • After it is installed, make sure BOINC is not running. If it is running as a service, you can stop it via Services. If it is running in the tray, right click on the tray icon and click on Exit.
    • Navigate to where BOINC is installed. This is usually C:\Program Files\BOINC. You should see a ca-bundle.crt file here (it'll have a different icon from the rest). If you do, you're in the right place.
    • Extract the contents of the "certificates" folder to the folder where BOINC is installed. You should be prompted to replace existing files. Do it. If you do not, you're likely in the wrong directory or copied the "certificates" folder instead of its contents. It is very important that the files inside of "certificates" overwrite the installed BOINC files.
    • Start BOINC again. If it is a service, go back into Services and start the BOINC service. If it is a tray application, run it from your start menu. You'll also need to start the BOINC Manager if you have it installed as a service for the next step.
    • Double click on the tray icon to open the BOINC Manager if it isn't already open. Click on the "Messages" tab and verify it is able to download tasks. If it is, you're good to go. If you see "SSL connect" errors lets us know by replying to the thread.
    The "certificates" are copied from 7.6.22.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!

Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!

1. Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain! - Similar Threads - Latest update causing

2. KB4576754 causing headaches

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4576754 causing headaches: Hi all - the past month, with Windows updates, has been problematic. First, the October update would not install properly and I had to download it manually and install it from here (which worked, fortunately), but now I'm getting repeated attempted installs of KB4576754...
  3. Major headaches with Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Major headaches with Windows 10 1903: I think that MS made major mistakes in Windows 10 1903. My Outlook has twice lost all my emails, requiring an hour or so to rebuild them, and 3 times lost all my formatting in Layout as well as my signature. File Explorer is separating files by today, this week, this month,...
  4. Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze: I'm having to restart a couple of times a day. submitted by /u/k3v1n [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h90ok5/latest_1909_updates_are_causing_my_laptop_to/
  5. Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.: I am aware that this is not a new issue but I need to make my view known in this discussion. Given the security issues with windows 7 , I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 Pro version. I spent some time getting the settings the way I need them for my use of the laptop. I...
  6. Gremlins caused headache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gremlins caused headache: I recently had to change all my emails and phone number due to a deep hacker. I now can't access files and information I need still attached to the files. Anyone to contact to be able to download and send me the files on cloud and such devises. I also am interested in any...
  7. Latest Windows Update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update broke my laptop: The latest windows update (1903 i believe) caused such a mess on my PC that I was forced to reimage the laptop yet again. 1. I was unable to access the settings panel because it kept crashing. Tried multiple online suggestions on resetting the settings app to no avail. 2....
  8. updates on my Lenovo Idea pad are causing major problems

updates on my Lenovo Idea pad are causing major problems: ON 12/28/18 - I STARTED THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE VERSION 1809. IT LASTED HOURS. THE NEXT MORNING, THE COMPUTER WAS STILL ON AND SAID TO "RESTART". CLICKED YES. WHEN IT STARTED UP THERE WAS A MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN SAYING "UNDOING CHANGES TO COMPUTER"....
  9. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  10. Major HeadAche

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major HeadAche: So From Last Week I am having a problem. When ever I start pc my win defender shows virus detected I check and find its name Start.R and These are the details CmdLine: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "cmd.exe" /c start /min cmd /c "(echo @echo off >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop flashing