Windows 10: Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. About 4 weeks ago Windows did an update. Now Windows will not boot the PC. I have tried all the recovery methods and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ANTONIODIAZTundra, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. About 4 weeks ago Windows did an update. Now Windows will not boot the PC. I have tried all the recovery methods and downloaded the Win10 repair from MS. No luck. Is there a solution to this?

:)

ANTONIODIAZTundra, Nov 3, 2020
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Nov 3, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

1. Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Latest Update crashed

2. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  3. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  4. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  6. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  7. Toshiba Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptops: Many are having issues with certain Toshiba Laptops running 1903.I rolled back to 1803 but I,m still being offered 1903.Is there any way we could elevate this so MS blocks it? Feed Back Hub has not prevented us from being offered 1903....
  8. Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba laptop: I have a USB devise to make my PC go faster, it say's plug in turn PC on and hold the reboot button, but I don't no what button that is. Can you help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop/3a56aa55-9077-43b9-8d6a-223d4714944c
  9. Toshiba Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba Laptop: I had to restart my laptop to clear it for my mom to use. When setting it back up the wrong email was entered for microsoft. My gmail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it used *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is stuck at the login screen. I...
  10. Latest Update crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update crashing: Since July 4th,I have had nothing but problems with my laptop. I assume it is due to yet another unrequested update.I have to post this asap,I realize without as much info because my pc is going to crash..again. It is win 10,only 14 mos old, been checked and said it is NOT my...