Windows 10: Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings

Discus and support Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone help me??? Windows updated and I can not find saved docs/pdfs/photos and changed user settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeOliver2, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings

Can anyone help me??? Windows updated and I can not find saved docs/pdfs/photos and changed user settings.

:)

MikeOliver2, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

How can I stop my PC from booting up Windows?

You can safely delete the contents in..

C:\Windows\Temp
    C:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp or C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download (safe to delete the whole folder) (files are needed if you ever want to uninstall a Windows update)

I'm sure others can add to the list.

Lazzer408, Oct 14, 2018
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Oct 14, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings

1. Latest Windows update deleted files and change ALL user settings - Similar Threads - Latest update deleted

2. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  3. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  4. ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  5. Latest update deleted files & photos?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update deleted files & photos?!: My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has this happened and is there a way I can get them back?...
  6. Windows August 2020 updates deleted google file stream and changed all settings

Windows August 2020 updates deleted google file stream and changed all settings: The recent major Windows updates deleted all the settings on my laptop for Google File Stream, changed all settings to MS defaults for browser/email/photos/music/EVERYTHING, and completely changed my file strucute in File Explorer. The fact is; Microsoft changed every...
  7. Update deleted all files

Update deleted all files: Windows did an update and deleted all pictures, documents etc even from OneDrive. Is there anyway to recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-deleted-all-files/622cff5c-5a4f-4970-a8b2-2ba957bb2ac9
  8. Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop

Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop: I had videos and photos on the desktop for a long time and they disappeared after the update in May. I remember some error message popping up that I was too much in a hurry to fully pay attention to . I believe it was something about signing into my microsoft account even...
  9. Latest updates deleting all my files

Latest updates deleting all my files: On 8/282019 my computer did an update and all my files were lost. All my videos, pictures etc. All my programs are still installed but lost all my files. I called Microsoft Support because I pay a monthly fee for support and the said my files were gone and basically my comp...
  10. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest win 10 update deleted settings