Windows 10: Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

Discus and support Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand, 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M. I never had any problems with update until some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamBentlah, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand, 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M.

I never had any problems with update until some months ago with the latest Win10 Update, everytime I did it it seems like it didnt recognize the Nvidia GPU. I have tried disabling it but it was just greyed out. I even tried DDU and my laptop showed a blue screen after installing the driver manually.

I'm asking for help because its really frustrating not having the latest update, Thank you.

:)

SamBentlah, Jun 30, 2020
  2. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Alex702 Win User
    PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update

I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti). The only devices that show up in Device Manager are "Intel HD Graphics" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)." In dxdiag, the display device is listed as
    "Microsoft Basic Display Driver." I am unable to update the drivers for my GPU - the installer says that the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows.

When I try to update Windows, I am given the error code 0x80240fff.

Alex702, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

Latest Windows 10 update and Problems with NVIDIA GeForce using 3 Displays

Hi Danny,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue?

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select
      View installed updates.

• Now check for the latest installed Windows update and let us know.
    For now, I suggest you to try installing the driver from NVIDIA website and check and check if this helps. Visit the below link and click on
    AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It will automatically detect the latest driver for NVIDIA.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

1. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU - Similar Threads - Latest update doesn't

2. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second: If anyone can help me with this its frustrating i have this issue for months and caused me to reset my laptop over 3 times in the last couple months. the issue is when my gpu isn't active . the core clock jumps from 300mhz to 645mhz every second causing my gpu temps to go...
  3. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second: If anyone can help me with this its frustrating i have this issue for months and caused me to reset my laptop over 3 times in the last couple months. the issue is when my gpu isn't active . the core clock jumps from 300mhz to 645mhz every second causing my gpu temps to go...
  4. Nvidia Gpu Core clock jumps every second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update

NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update: I have a 2015 Alienware 15 running a 4th Gen i7 with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 980m.After the KB5003637 update, Task manager refuses to show my GPU under processes, Nvidia control panel refuses to open, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and updating my drivers to the...
  6. Latest update / Nvidia issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest update / Nvidia issue: Hi pros! Been a while since my last post, got another weird issue I can't figure out, I'd be really grateful for any help! Big update a few days ago (W10 obvs) - since then I'm having major issues with my Nvidea GPU. It shows in devman and says the device is working...
  7. Microsoft Azure Doesn't Detect My Nvidia GPU

Microsoft Azure Doesn't Detect My Nvidia GPU: Guys Im Having Issues With my Nvidia GPU Windows 10 does not see it can someone tell me how to fix this? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-azure-doesnt-detect-my-nvidia-gpu/1ca6b0ab-1567-4e00-b2c9-b4a764adf798
  8. Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer doesn’t recognize the second GPU: [ATTACH] Many Windows users, especially gamers use a second high-end GPU for their systems over and above the dedicated graphics card. The system is set such that the dedicated high-end graphics card is set to default. However, at times, it happens [...] This post Windows...
  9. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...
  10. Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU: So, the recent update finally broke my Laptop for good. My graphics card is no longer recognized and Nvidia driver does not find my hardware compatible to previously installed one. Is there a way to opt out of windows 10 update forever and ever and ever?? I absolutely...