Windows 10: Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!

Discus and support Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Title says it all. I keep getting a sidebar message telling me support for Windows 10 v1803 ends in November. When I go through the update process,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe Perez 006, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!

Title says it all. I keep getting a sidebar message telling me support for Windows 10 v1803 ends in November. When I go through the update process, after all the downloading and restarting, the spinning dots freeze during the 89% mark, and does not continue.

I've tried to go through this update process four times, with the same result. Sometimes the spinning dots stop, but then start up again relatively quickly, but the "dot stoppage" at the 89% mark is final. Eventually I have to manually shut off the PC and reboot it. Last time I let the PC sit for three hours before I simply shut down manually. Every time I shut down, restarting the PC has it go through the process of "undoing changes" made to the PC.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Joe Perez 006, Jun 26, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Creators update freeze. 1st Freeze on blank screen then at 89%

Hi Dennis,

Since the update still freezes at 89%, we suggest performing a clean boot to check for any software conflicts
    that may be affecting the update. Make sure that you still have the antivirus program disabled while performing a clean boot.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!

1. Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times! - Similar Threads - Latest update freezes

2. Windows Update Stuck At 89%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Stuck At 89%: I went to shut down my pc for a couple of hours and it said I had a 5 minute windows update I could do so I clicked on that. and I need to get back on my computer but after a few hours my computer is a black screen that says “You’re 89% there. Please keep your computer on.”...
  3. Windows Update Stuck At 89%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Stuck At 89%: I went to shut down my pc for a couple of hours and it said I had a 5 minute windows update I could do so I clicked on that. and I need to get back on my computer but after a few hours my computer is a black screen that says “You’re 89% there. Please keep your computer on.”...
  4. 20H2 update stuck at 89%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update stuck at 89%: I am trying to upgrade to the 20H2 update and am currently on the blue screen saying "Waiting for updates 89%. Do not turn off your PC, this will take a while. Your PC will restart several times." It has been working like this for two days. What can I do to update my Windows?...
  5. Update stuck on 89%

Update stuck on 89%: I downloaded a windows update and while installing it. its stuck on 89% its been 3 hrs since it is struck.What should I do next ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-on-89/f6414d02-b685-4896-ba9f-09868e39186d
  6. Windows update stuck at 89%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 89%: Im trying to upgrade from version 1803 to 1909 at the moment. I've failed 3 times now, each time everything goes well untill the working on updates screen reaches 89%. It does not progress at all. I've waited overnight 2 times now and the same result. Each time I shut down,...
  7. updates for windows 10 stops at 89%

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates for windows 10 stops at 89%: updates for windows 10 freezes at 89% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-for-windows-10-stops-at-89/ec6cb1e1-616e-4304-a6f7-ebbbaa6361ec
  8. Update from Windows7 to Windows10 freezes at 89% completion of Updates

Update from Windows7 to Windows10 freezes at 89% completion of Updates: Hi there, I am desperately trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, using the Media Creation Tool, however it keeps failing. It always freezes at 89%, and I then have to hit the power button, at which point, the rollback occurs. I have tried removing ALL external...
  9. Windows update stuck at 89% HP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck at 89% HP: Hello people, So when i was playing with windows 10 and her new functions i noticed my touchpad doesn't have the pitch zoom etc. while normally it should have. After some research i noticed that i don't have the valid driver for my touchpad. Because of that i start...
  10. Four times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Four times: Four times today my computer restarted simply because I was away for more than ten minutes. Seriously, MS, don't force restarts on people just because they were gone from the computer a bit too long for your liking, especially not several times a day! Let us actually choose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 problems freezes on 89%

2. kb2267602 freezes at 89%

3. windows update 1909 freezes at 89%

4. windows 10 update freezes at 89% mark,
  5. windows 1909 update frozen at 89 %,
  6. installation freezes at 89% on update,
  7. windows 10 upgrade freezes at 89%,
  8. windows update toy 89%,
  9. windows 10 upgrade working on updates frozen 89%,
  10. windows 10 version 1909 keeps freezing at 89% and will not install,
  11. windows 10 update freezes at 89%,