Windows 10: Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

Discus and support Latest Windows Update freezes my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John P. Dargan, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and frustrating. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, and the version number is 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The update was installed in the last three days or so, and I have had a problem ever since.

I made an adjustment so that my PC would not automatically go to sleep after inactivity, and that adjustment did not solve the problem.

:)

John P. Dargan, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 keep freezing after Creator's update

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest updating your computer to the latest build of Version 1607. There have been 3 updates meant to improve your system's performance since build version 14393.1198. To install the latest updates, follow
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Settings and press Enter.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    • Click Install.
    Let us know if your computer stops freezing after installing the latest updates.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

Computer freezes after latest update!

Hi Ory,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

This issue might be due to your graphic drivers might be incompatible.

I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to display adapter.
    • Right click and uninstall.
    After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

1. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer - Similar Threads - Latest Update freezes

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  4. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  5. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  6. The latest Windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows update broke my computer: I can't even boot back to the PC now shows a RAM light error on the motherboard and it all started after "update and shutdown". Great job submitted by /u/Select_Plane_1073 [link] [comments]...
  7. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  8. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  9. Windows 10 latest update freezes computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update freezes computer: The latest Windows update started installing on my wife's laptop. It is hung up stating that it is "Updating your system (100%)" but that has been going on for two hours. How do I fix this without losing her hard drive?...
  10. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...