Windows 10: Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it

Discus and support Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I woke up today to found that my PC had rebooted, almost certainly because of windows updates. I now cannot open any apps. There are a few apps I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lawrence1998, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it

Hi. I woke up today to found that my PC had rebooted, almost certainly because of windows updates.

I now cannot open any apps. There are a few apps I can open such as Discord and Chrome but almost every other app freezes 2-3 seconds after I launch it and dies. I have restarted my PC several times.

I cannot even go into the control panel and try to reset windows because that freezes too.

Anyone else had this and am I going to have to reset windows and redownload 3TB of stuff again?

submitted by /u/lawrence1998
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lawrence1998, Feb 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 update screwed my video

Hi Sheron,

This issue might occur because the driver installed is incompatible with the latest update installed on your PC. In order for us to better sort things out, we would like to verify if you're using the latest driver of your graphics card manufacturer.

If not, we suggest updating the driver to resolve the issue. Please perform the following steps:

• Select the Start
       button, typeDevice Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapterscategory, right click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

NOTE: If the following steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device
    • Select Uninstall
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jericho Lap, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Xzibit Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Feb 11, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it

1. Latest windows update has screwed my PC and I cannot fix it - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  3. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  4. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  6. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  7. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  9. Windows 10 latest (screw)update

Windows 10 latest (screw)update: How is it that a huge corporation like Microsoft, with all it's massive resources and teams of programmers manage to make such a complete pile of **** out of updating Windows with it's compulsory bloody updates? The latest one has all but destroyed my partners lap top!...
  10. Windows update screwed up my PC

Windows update screwed up my PC: I allowed a update and now my laptop is a paper weight. I get an error popup window that says the desktop file is missing. Can not find that file on other laptops and none of the apps are visible. The windows icon does not do anything except change color when curser is over...