Windows 10: Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Discus and support Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows boots as normal, after entering the password at the login screen my desktop loads correctly, but no apps will load if clicked on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanDeshler, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Windows boots as normal, after entering the password at the login screen my desktop loads correctly, but no apps will load if clicked on and the Windows button also does not open the menu (from the keyboard and screen). This affects apps set for start up and manually opening an app.

After about 5-10 minutes the apps I clicked and the windows menu will finally open.

Having this issue on multiple desktop computers.

:)

RyanDeshler, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

1. Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup - Similar Threads - Latest Update Issue

2. Issues after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after latest windows update: Hi all,Today I've updated my laptop to the most recent version. However, after the update was downloaded and installed, it restarted and ever since it's just a black screen, essentially rendering the device useless. Any ideas on how to fix this? It does have a graphics card...
  3. Issues after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after latest windows update: Hi all,Today I've updated my laptop to the most recent version. However, after the update was downloaded and installed, it restarted and ever since it's just a black screen, essentially rendering the device useless. Any ideas on how to fix this? It does have a graphics card...
  4. Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update: Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop-not-opening-after-latest-window-10/0b07af16-9d2b-4f06-a856-e5d2b510f2b2
  5. Windows need 5 minutes to bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows need 5 minutes to bootup: So from a long time ive had this problem where it needs ~+ 5 minutes just to boot up so i need some help with it Specs of the computer are: Intel Core i7-6700 Nvidia GTX 950 2gb 16gb DDR4 Ram 2TB HDD, no SSD sadly Not sure what else i need to provide so please comment if...
  6. multiple issues with windows 10 after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple issues with windows 10 after the latest update: ever sins updating Windows about 1 or 2 weeks ago I keep running into multiple issues. cpu is constantly on 100 percent after launch. the following commands do solve the issue but I don't want to constantly have to run them. >PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  7. Issues after latest Windows Update

Issues after latest Windows Update: So Windows updated last night upon shut down, and when I tried to turn it on this morning it's messed up. I can log in just fine, and then my desktop shows for a second before going to a black screen where you can still see the mouse moving around. I tried hitting ctrl alt...
  8. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...
  9. Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update: I updated one of my PCs last week and afterward I got strange behavior from one of my applications. The PC-Doctor application on my LANBOX PC was reporting an issue for Security. Under that tab was a warning that "Your Spyware Scanner is Disabled". I looked down the list of...
  10. Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue: Hello, Not sure why no one has tried to help me??? I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10. Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows 10 updates that were installed. The Windows 10 does not full...