Windows 10: Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Discus and support Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows boots as normal, after entering the password at the login screen my desktop loads correctly, but no apps will load if clicked on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanDeshler, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Windows boots as normal, after entering the password at the login screen my desktop loads correctly, but no apps will load if clicked on and the Windows button also does not open the menu (from the keyboard and screen). This affects apps set for start up and manually opening an app.

After about 5-10 minutes the apps I clicked and the windows menu will finally open.

Having this issue on multiple desktop computers.

:)

RyanDeshler, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup

1. Latest Windows Update Issue with Apps and Windows Menu Not Opening for 10 minutes after Bootup - Similar Threads - Latest Update Issue

2. windows apps are not open after installing the latest feature of windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows apps are not open after installing the latest feature of windows 10 1903: any of the windows apps are not open after installing windows 10 new feature 1903 what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-are-not-open-after-installing-the/7c9d9f36-002a-4940-8bab-c7a4471fb7d4
  3. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update issues

Latest Windows 10 update issues: One of my computers doesn't like the newest update. It came a few weeks ago and my computer started running very slow. I rolled it back which fixed the problems but it just updated again today and the issues are back. I googled how to stop Windows updates the first time and...
  5. Windows 10 latest update issues

Windows 10 latest update issues: Since updating my Windows 10 to 1809 I have found that the shortcut icons on the desktop keep changing/losing their arrows. Sometimes they are normal, sometimes they are green circular arrows and sometimes they disappear completely. A refresh of the desktop is required to...
  6. Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bootup issues and performance: So my Toshiba satellite laptop was updated to Windows 10 sometime ago, on a open download from windows. it originally had Windows 8. So I left the pc on for a week and when I went to wake it up from sleep it wasn't responsive. So I turned the pc off and still no response then...
  7. Issues in latest window 10 update.

Issues in latest window 10 update.: Hi, Ever since I updated windows on the machine, I am facing many problems related to the operating system. These problems are all related after I put my machine on sleep. When I turn it on, All the windows (notepad, browser etc) are gone. Speakers and internet connection...
  8. Latest Windows 10 Update Issue

Latest Windows 10 Update Issue: Has anyone had issues with their devices after updating to KB4487044? I installed the update yesterday and once I booted back up, the computer was very unresponsive. Taskbar, start menu, desktop icons, and task manager are all unresponsive. Startup applications also fail...
  9. Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update: I updated one of my PCs last week and afterward I got strange behavior from one of my applications. The PC-Doctor application on my LANBOX PC was reporting an issue for Security. Under that tab was a warning that "Your Spyware Scanner is Disabled". I looked down the list of...
  10. Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue: Hello, Not sure why no one has tried to help me??? I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10. Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows 10 updates that were installed. The Windows 10 does not full...