Windows 10: Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

Discus and support Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 (KB4467702), and all my USB ports stopped working. The light doesn't even come on in my mouse. I've tested several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jfmorgan08, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

I recently updated Windows 10 (KB4467702), and all my USB ports stopped working. The light doesn't even come on in my mouse. I've tested several devices back and forth with another computer. It isn't the devices. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370.

I have tried going to Device Manager and checking for updates for the USB drivers. I have also tried deactivating and reinstalling them. This hasn't worked. None of the USB devices are showing that there are issues in the Device Manager.

I also tried to uninstall the update, but each time that I restart my computer to complete the uninstall, the update re-installs itself.

:)

jfmorgan08, Dec 31, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Anniversary Windows 10 update kills USB ports and WiFi

Dear All,

yesterday two updates were installed on my Dell Latitude E6520:

• KB3194496
    • KB3194798
    After while my cordless mouse stopped working and I also lost my Internet connection.

I've restarted PC several times with no progress.

Finally I found similar problems here:

KB3194798 kills the USB ports again...

I've tried uninstall those updates, but the problem remains.

I've tried to boot into Safe mode and - my mouse works again ! I couldn't test my WiFi as there is Airplain mode by default and it cannot be deactivated (!) But I believe the root cause is same: something has been updated, however, it wasn't undeployed
    together with uninstalling aforementioned KBs and now it is clashing.

From my observation, USB and WiFi works short time after Windows boot, but it is suddenly broken. I think so as there is list of surrounding WiFi networks after boot, which later dissapears. And when (another) laser cord mouse is plugged during boot, it
    flashes, but after while it doesn't emit any lights.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Jan

Jan Tošovský, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

usb port

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the 2 USB ports of your laptop which are not working, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes when using these USB ports?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already checked this
      link
      ? This link will help you in getting the latest driver and software. If not yet, just click the drop down arrow links to be able to access helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

1. Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports - Similar Threads - Latest Update Killed

2. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  3. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  4. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. latest update killed my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latest update killed my audio: [ATTACH] just updated my pc the my audio got lost i have tried almost every solution realtek audio its not showing up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-killed-my-audio/e7c3e052-4edc-49c6-b4b6-020e98f0946b
  6. Latest update killed my task bar

Latest update killed my task bar: I just update my windows 10. After update, my task bar would not work. I cannot use Windows + I or Windows +R. The window icon would not bring start up. The search bar does not work. I had to use File Manager > Computer properties > Restore backup. I am now afraid...
  7. Usb ports and bluetooth disappears after latest update

Usb ports and bluetooth disappears after latest update: Everything was running fine, i don't know what and why it came to my mind to update windows 10 version 1903 with KB4497165 After updating windows my USB ports stop working , i find out in Device Manager under USB intelRUSB 3.0 showing code 10, i find alot about it on...
  8. October win10 update has killed USB ports??

October win10 update has killed USB ports??: Forced into updating Win10 today, now USB ports don't work. Alienware (dell) 13 r1, but see other models have the same problem. Works fine in BIOS and in linux, but keyboard lights and mouse light extinguish as soon as Win10 starts and no USB devices are detected or...
  9. Latest insider preview Jan 19, 2019 kills USB ports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest insider preview Jan 19, 2019 kills USB ports: Overnight my computer installed the latest Windows insider preview. Now this morning, there is no response from any of the USB ports. They work in BIOS, but the moment the operating system begins to load they stop responding. This has been an issue off and on for the last...
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...