Windows 10: Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable

Discus and support Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 automatically updated last night. When I rebooted this morning, Skype for Windows font size in menus, contact list, IM ... all fonts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DMHirschfeld1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable

Windows 10 automatically updated last night. When I rebooted this morning, Skype for Windows font size in menus, contact list, IM ... all fonts in Skype became so tiny that it is barely readable. I'm on the current version of Skype for Windows (8.34.0.78). This is a bug, and a bad one. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I rebooted, I logged out and back in. Nothing works. Changing windows font zoom settings doesn't help. BTW - Don't log out if you have this problem The login screen is also messed up so that the Username and PW fields are off the visible area of the screen. I had to play around with tabbing around and trial and error before I was finally able to log in again.

Anyone have any idea what happened and how to fix it? If this is happening to others, I imagine people will abandon Skype if MS doesn't fix this fast.

:)

DMHirschfeld1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Small Font in Programs

Hello all,

I recently purchased a new computer; it's the Ultra HD windows 10 2-in-1 Toshiba. The font on the computer and the size of the icons are perfect. But when I open programs (like SolidWorks or InternetDownloadManager or Many other), the font is completely
    non-proportional. Fonts are either Way too big or Way too small, either making it unreadable, or too big to fit in its assigned window. I need help! I can't install anything or use most of my apps!

ArminRezaei, Dec 8, 2018
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 8, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable

1. Latest Windows Update makes Skype fonts so small as to be virtually unreadable - Similar Threads - Latest Update makes

2. windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable: windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-font-so-pale-it-is-practically/b4279b0c-98f0-4f2d-9e5c-4e702d1c262a
  3. windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable: windows 11 font so pale it is practically unreadable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-font-so-pale-it-is-practically/b4279b0c-98f0-4f2d-9e5c-4e702d1c262a
  4. Why are some font sizes in apps so small?

Why are some font sizes in apps so small?: For example, in Excel 365 see below, I had to set the zoom to 160% just so I could read the contents of the cells. Worse yet, when I choose "Format Cells," the text is almost vanishingly small....
  5. The font size is so small that it doesn't even appear.

The font size is so small that it doesn't even appear.: Logged on the computer and the majority of all text is so small I can't read it. I've tried so many things like changing the size to 200 in display settings but nothing works. It's not that I have bad vision, it's just insanely small. I would attach photos but the text in...
  6. The font size is so small that it doesn't even appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The font size is so small that it doesn't even appear.: Logged on the computer and the majority of all text is so small I can't read it. I've tried so many things like changing the size to 200 in display settings but nothing works. It's not that I have bad vision, it's just insanely small. I would attach photos but the text in...
  7. Unreadable font problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  8. Unreadable font problem

Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  9. desktop font unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop font unreadable: The very faint outline font on the desktop is unreadable on my new Dell xps laptop. Horrible choice from Windows 10. Worst of all...there is no user friendly means of changing it and the directions given on the Microsoft site in answer to this same question from others are...
  10. Latest Skype for Windows

Latest Skype for Windows: Skype for Windows v7.17.0.106 Download the full offline installer here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full 35898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the font in Skype so small

2. my webpage is so small unreada ble

3. why is font so small on skype