Windows 10: Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070)

Discus and support Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last windows update (Windows 10, version 1903), I cannot update to the newest graphics driver provided by Nvidia website and Geforce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yayorbitgum, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070)

Since the last windows update (Windows 10, version 1903), I cannot update to the newest graphics driver provided by Nvidia website and Geforce Experience (version 430.86), otherwise I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on my GTX 1070 in device manager.

In order for the graphics card to function at all, it has to revert to Windows-provided NVIDIA driver 388.13 from 2017. This is what I've discovered after many attempted restarts, driver uninstalls through device manager, and hard shutdowns and power resets.

I'm not sure what to do from this point. The graphics card was working perfectly fine until Windows forced this update to install out of nowhere.

:)

yayorbitgum, Jul 5, 2019

2. Anniversary Update broke GTX 960 graphics card

Hi,

What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Manually Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website

Go to the Computer or Graphics Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then install it by following the manufacturer/developers website.

For reference:

Update drivers in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070)

Discolored messed up display after updating graphics card driver

Hi Kevin,

The issue that you're experiencing usually happens if the latest driver installed encountered an issue with the system. We would like to know the following to isolate the issue:

• From where did you download the latest update for your driver?
    • Is it from your manufacturer's website or from Windows update?
    • Have you tried using the older version of the driver?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the latest driver using the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Search Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click the Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Afterwards, restart the computer. Restarting the computer usually reinstall the generic driver from Windows update.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070)

1. Latest Windows update messed up graphics card driver (GTX 1070) - Similar Threads - Latest update messed

2. Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?: So I've been having some kind of problem with drivers in windows 10. To explain my device is Aspire E1-572G and currently I am using windows 10, if you can check the latest driver for my graphics card AMD RADEON HD 8750M IN THE ACER WEBSITE there isn't a driver update or a...
  3. Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?: So I've been having some kind of problem with drivers in windows 10. To explain my device is Aspire E1-572G and currently I am using windows 10, if you can check the latest driver for my graphics card AMD RADEON HD 8750M IN THE ACER WEBSITE there isn't a driver update or a...
  4. Why the latest driver isn't the latest driver for my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics Card with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Card with Latest Windows Update: I am running a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070 Super on 32gb RAM and a Ryzen 3700x all bought July 2020. Last Fall my graphics card started having issues. I would be playing a game, the fans would kick to high speed and my PC would restart. Would get a Kernal error, but everything...
  6. Graphics card driver for GTX 1650 StormX not compatible with Windows version?

Graphics card driver for GTX 1650 StormX not compatible with Windows version?: Howdy, bought myself the Palit GTX1650 StormX with 4Gb as graphics card Now I wanted to install the driver, did so and opened it too and then it was checked if it is compatible with the Windows version. Then it said something like "This graphics card driver is not...
  7. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  8. New Graphic Card (GTX 1070) doesnt perform good with newest driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphic Card (GTX 1070) doesnt perform good with newest driver: Hi there, I recently got a used GTX 1070 graphics card and installed it in the PC. I also paid attention to all specifications and downloaded the latest drivers. So far everything worked, but now I have a much lower framerate than with the GTX 960 that I had previously...
  9. Graphic card driver GeForce GTX 960

Graphic card driver GeForce GTX 960: Hello MB: Gigabyte B85M-D3H BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. FD 12.08.2015. CPU: Intel Pentium CPU G3258 3,2GHz (2 cores) GPU: GeForce GTX 960 RAM: 8 GB ( 2x HyperX Fury 4GB DD3) OS: Windows 10 Home 1809 build 17763.348 I bought new SSD and after reinstallation OS...
  10. asus gtx 1070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    asus gtx 1070: hi all I just got a gtx 1070 my issue is when I use gpu tweak it has 3 modes ,oc , gamming, and silent mode when I use the oc mode and play a game the game well play a few minutes the screen will get color pixelated and them bsod gaming and silent seem to be fine did I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet graphics messed up

2. gtx 1650 graphics messed up

3. windows update messed up nvidia

4. graphics problems win10 1903,
  5. nvidia gtx 1070 duplicating windows corruption