Windows 10: Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use

Discus and support Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I automatically installed the latest Windows 10 update several days ago. The next day, all of my applications were slow to the point of almost being... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JDArchitect, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use

I automatically installed the latest Windows 10 update several days ago. The next day, all of my applications were slow to the point of almost being unresponsive. In addition, I couldn't connect to my wireless printers. After spending the better part of a day on a call to tech support, I got one printer back. The other was impossible to recover. In addition, the next day I couldn't even open Outlook and file explorer took around 2 minutes to load each time I used it. Back to tech support and another half-day on the phone. The tech ended up restoring my old Windows 10, prior to the update. Now I'm getting messages from Microsoft that my version of Windows 10 will no longer be supported after some time in November. Any one have a solution to this? Microsoft doesn't seem to. Nor do they appear to care.

:)

JDArchitect, Aug 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use

1. Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use - Similar Threads - Latest update printers

2. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible: I've tried everything related to firewalls, repair tool, clean installations of League of Legends, etc. I still bugsplat when the game begins loading. The only thing that fixes it is rolling back the Windows update from 2 days ago. However, yesterday Windows wanted to...
  3. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.: I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I...
  4. Impossibility uninstall updates

Impossibility uninstall updates: Hello, Why can't I uninstall some updates? [ATTACH] =============== [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/impossibility-uninstall-updates/a616d8e1-5765-4972-8115-9c74f1f95531
  5. Impossible to update Windows 10

Impossible to update Windows 10: Hello, I have an Acer Aspire E5 575 33BM laptop loaded with Windows 10. Recently I have had the 100% disk usage problem and have suspected it is because my Windows has failed to update since the beginning of 2018. I immediately updated all the available updates except for the...
  6. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong used space and impossible update after reset: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot: [img]...
  7. Wrong used space and impossible update

Wrong used space and impossible update: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:...
  8. Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable: My machine kept failing to install the 1709 cumulative update. I followed the instructions here Fix After running the updates I noticed that my cd rom was no longer functioning. It showed up under device manager with a marker that said the driver was not signed, but nothing...
  9. Impossible to set Edge to use google.com...?

in Browsers and Email
    Impossible to set Edge to use google.com...?: When I type in google.com in any address bar (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), Google redirects me to google.se (yes I am in Sweden). I don't know why, it really is not the same thing and there are many issues with this, but I guess Google has some idea of its own. Anyway, to get to...
  10. After update to windows 10 impossible to use bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update to windows 10 impossible to use bluetooth: Hello. I have updated my win7 to win10 and after it it`s impossible to use bluetooth on my asus g53sx can someone help me? 41580