Windows 10: Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

Discus and support Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I put off installing some update for a little while, and when I did today, I noticed that I couldn't switch from my headset to my speakers in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethan Unken, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

I put off installing some update for a little while, and when I did today, I noticed that I couldn't switch from my headset to my speakers in the Playback tab of the Sound box. I used to do this constantly, it was easy and seamless. My headset still do work, and in fact, when they are plugged in I literally cannot switch to my speakers, as the computer claims that the speakers are the currently selected playback device. But the sound is playing through my headset.

A temporary solution to my problem is simply unplugging my headset. When they are unplugged, the computer switches back to the speakers, when they are plugged in the computer switches back to the headset.

Why did this update have to mess this up? xD Everything was just fine before, it seems like a situation of fixing something that wasn't broken, resulting in breaking it.

Additionally, now it's a chore to access the Sound box in order to look at the playback, recording, sounds, and communications tabs as right clicking the sound icon in Windows doesn't give me an instant option to it. Kinda reminds me of how you can't easily get to the Status box for your wifi....... Very disappointing how the windows update had created more unnecessary problems.

Realtek Audio drivers, windows 10 OS.

Please feel free to ask if I need to supply more information. Additionally, I'd love

:)

Ethan Unken, Oct 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

Welcome to tenforums.
    Agreed, this change by MS has been noted elsewhere.
    Further, win key + s, sound does not find it, nor does playback.

Suggestions:
    a. Use Open Shell Start menu (free). Searching for Sound finds it easily.
    b. Use 3rd party utility Volume2 - (e.g lets you control volume by scrolling when hovering over taskbar + mute with middle button and more). Free, well thought out.

Rt click the tray icon, option Playback Devices opens the Sound dialogue.
    c. Create your own shortcut - and put it in the Start Menu
    See
    CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10

explorer /e,::{F2DDFC82-8F12-4CDD-B7DC-D4FE1425AA4D}
    or
    explorer shell:::{F2DDFC82-8F12-4CDD-B7DC-D4FE1425AA4D}

dalchina, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

I put off installing some update for a little while, and when I did today, I noticed that I couldn't switch from my headset to my speakers in the Playback tab of the Sound box. I used to do this constantly, it was easy and seamless. My headset still do work, and in fact, when they are plugged in I literally cannot switch to my speakers, as the computer claims that the speakers are the currently selected playback device. But the sound is playing through my headset.

A temporary solution to my problem is simply unplugging my headset. When they are unplugged, the computer switches back to the speakers, when they are plugged in the computer switches back to the headset.

Why did this update have to mess this up? xD Everything was just fine before, it seems like a situation of fixing something that wasn't broken, resulting in breaking it.

Additionally, now it's a chore to access the Sound box in order to look at the playback, recording, sounds, and communications tabs as right clicking the sound icon in Windows doesn't give me an instant option to it. Kinda reminds me of how you can't easily get to the Status box for your wifi....... Very disappointing how the windows update had created more unnecessary problems.

Realtek Audio drivers, windows 10 OS.

Please feel free to ask if I need to supply more information. Additionally, I'd love

Ethan Unken, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list

1. Latest Windows Update removed headset from sound Playback list - Similar Threads - Latest Update removed

2. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  3. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  4. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST: How do I remove the "Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0" update from my update list?I do not use a Xerox printer and have NEVER used a Xerox printer, so I don't know why my machine wants to do this update. It fails every time anyway. Each time it tries, I get an 0x800f020b error....
  6. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST: How do I remove the "Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0" update from my update list?I do not use a Xerox printer and have NEVER used a Xerox printer, so I don't know why my machine wants to do this update. It fails every time anyway. Each time it tries, I get an 0x800f020b error....
  7. REMOVING XEROX UPDATE FROM UPDATE LIST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  9. Monitor disappeared from Playback list

Monitor disappeared from Playback list: Hey all, I'm not sure exactly when but one day my monitors disappeared from the playback tab in sound settings. They had been working fine then they vanished. I've tried a few things like using audio and device troubleshooters, restarting my computer, and reinstalling some...
  10. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.): I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them,...