Windows 10: Latest Windows update slowed Login

Discus and support Latest Windows update slowed Login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows 10 update my desktop computer, wifi connected, is much slower in booting up, It takes 3-4 times longer for the login screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeraldC1, Sep 2, 2020.

1. GeraldC1 Win User

Latest Windows update slowed Login

Since the latest Windows 10 update my desktop computer, wifi connected, is much slower in booting up, It takes 3-4 times longer for the login screen to appear and then another delay after password is entered before the home screen finally comes up.

:)

GeraldC1, Sep 2, 2020
  2. NaelAmer Win User

Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Latest Windows update slowed Login

Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Basically you might as well have the latest stable drivers on a Opticsl disk or usb drive and then updates thst dont bork the os, install updates, then dtivers and leave the system unplugged from ethernet/wifi then set parameters to prevent windows from updating automatically, save a list of settings you adjudted judt incase sn os update resets it to default etc.

W10 sounds more like a pita than it's worth to install...

eidairaman1, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows update slowed Login

1. Latest Windows update slowed Login - Similar Threads - Latest update slowed

2. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  3. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  4. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  6. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  7. Unable to login after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after latest Windows update: Following last night’s update, I cannot login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password, when there’s usually an option to do so only a Sign in, and it has me sign into my Microsoft account. When I login, it says something about setting up a Windows Hello...
  8. latest update slow down startup

latest update slow down startup: after latest update my pc take up to 3 min to start. I have a samsung 960 evo so it is ridiculous. Please fix this disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-slow-down-startup/06e5389d-c1be-4bd1-aa81-4e5e64edfc10
  9. Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance: Hi, Ran the latest update to version 2004 last night current version: 9.8.31681.0 and restarted. Login screen shows up fine, but when I log in, the spinning cursor on "Welcome" is suspiciously slow - then a black screen with a mouse cursor. I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and...
  10. Slow login with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow login with latest update: When I initially installed Win10, it logged in with lightning speed (from the lock screen). After the update last weekend it takes longer to log in than it did with Win 7. or 8. Any suggestions to speed up login time? I'm running Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3), 64 bit 30675