Windows 10: Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

Discus and support Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During the latest Windows update ~04-14-2021, the system wiped out all browsing data i.e. Google Chrome settings, bookmarks, etc., all my Adobe app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeniseOlson2, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

During the latest Windows update ~04-14-2021, the system wiped out all browsing data i.e. Google Chrome settings, bookmarks, etc., all my Adobe app data including actions, lightroom presets, and others resorting to factory defaults, and lots of other personal settings established on the computer. So far no personal files such as docs and photos were deleted as far as I can tell. Anyone else witnessing this?????

Dell XPS

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7, 16 RAM, 64 bit operating system

:)

DeniseOlson2, Apr 16, 2021

2. Windows Store Apps will not install after latest Windows Update

Hi,

Error 0x80073cfe that started after the latest Windows update may occur in Windows Store due to corrupted package repository. For us to fix this error, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache and try installing apps again. To reset the Windows
    Store cache, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 16, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

1. Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps - Similar Threads - Latest Update wiped

2. Update wiped out apps, can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update wiped out apps, can't reinstall: Windows 10 did an extensive update last night and now Windows Media Player does not work. I followed instructions for fixing this, and then told WIndows to reinstall, and got the worthless error message "Install failed." No explanation, just "it didn't work," and nobody asked...
  3. Update wiped out apps, can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update wiped out apps, can't reinstall: Windows 10 did an extensive update last night and now Windows Media Player does not work. I followed instructions for fixing this, and then told WIndows to reinstall, and got the worthless error message "Install failed." No explanation, just "it didn't work," and nobody asked...
  4. Update wiped out apps, can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts: One of my clients has been experiencing the frustration once again having to suffer through the errant updates MS pushes out. This time, an "update" of some sort have yet to determine which one and nobodies talkin' has done something to the credentials where all of the Admin...
  6. the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer

the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer: the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer. I recovered a few from the recycle bin but most are totally gone. It also took away my admin which is hard since I'm also the 1 and only user. It says I am logged in as adminastrator but I go to try changing...
  7. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  8. Latest windows update wiped my documents

Latest windows update wiped my documents: My Microsoft Surface Laptop automatically updated to the latest Windows 10 update (as of 28/0819). When it finished, it complelty wiped out all of my documents, downloads a majoirty of my files. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?...
  9. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...