Windows 10: Latest Windows Update won't update

Discus and support Latest Windows Update won't update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80073712) i have tried to run trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by qianlimprice, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Latest Windows Update won't update

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80073712)

i have tried to run trouble shooter, but all it does is says it fixed the problem but when i try to retry updating same thing happens. I have also tried using the dism commands. "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health" "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup" i tried to find the windows source file but i dont exactly know how that works so it got me no where and a wasted 3 hours of my time. please help

:)

qianlimprice, Sep 22, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Latest Windows Update won't update

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows Update won't update

1. Latest Windows Update won't update - Similar Threads - Latest Update won't

2. Windows won't update to latest cummulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update to latest cummulative update: Keep getting error sometimes at 7%, sometimes at 50%No matter what I do it keeps happening, my other machine installed the update without any issuesHave tried several CMD commands to restart windows update processes and error keeps repeating itselfRazer Blade 14Windows 11...
  3. Windows won't update to latest cummulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't update to latest cummulative update: Keep getting error sometimes at 7%, sometimes at 50%No matter what I do it keeps happening, my other machine installed the update without any issuesHave tried several CMD commands to restart windows update processes and error keeps repeating itselfRazer Blade 14Windows 11...
  4. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  5. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  6. Latest Features Update won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Features Update won't install: I keep getting the following message when I try to instal the latest features update the first time I did it my whole laptop was dead and I had to reinstall windows losing all my files!!!! I think it is the 20H2 or something update. There were some problems installing...
  7. Minecraft Won't Update to Latest Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Won't Update to Latest Version: My Minecraft won't update to the newest version it doesn't show if there is an update and I have tried clicking on the three dots in the corner and going on to downloads and updates an trying it manually, but it still won't work. I've also tried resetting the Microsoft Store...
  8. Firefox won't update to latest version

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't update to latest version: I opened Firefox today and it said there was an update (64.0.2). I ran the update and clicked restart and it acts like it's installing the update but then when I click "about Firefox" it still says I need to restart to update Firefox. This just keeps happening. It doesn't...
  9. iCloud Won't Download on Latest Windows 10 Update

iCloud Won't Download on Latest Windows 10 Update: I recently purchased the new iPhone xS, it won't be here until Wednesday, and I figured now was a good as time as any to install iCloud again after I recently uninstalled it. However when trying to set up iCloud I get this error message. "iCloud for Windows requires...
  10. Latest Update Won't Install

Latest Update Won't Install: Whatever update it is - the one from June or July - "couldn't finish installing updates." This has been going on almost every day for too long. Microsoft support hasn't given me a solution to this issue. I've run the troubleshooter several times. Where is the manual...