Windows 10: Latest Windows upgrade forced Security reset and unwanted features

Discus and support Latest Windows upgrade forced Security reset and unwanted features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft OS patch boffins, Please spend more time providing customers with the option to enjoy a simple patch upgrade and NOT buy into the multitude... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frank_783, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Frank_783 Win User

Latest Windows upgrade forced Security reset and unwanted features

Microsoft OS patch boffins,

Please spend more time providing customers with the option to enjoy a simple patch upgrade and NOT buy into the multitude of new security layers and options. I was without my computer for hours navigating how to reset passwords that I was forced to setup years ago when I purchased this PC. Each patch upgrade gets more frustrating than the last. Please also stop the marketing folks from making the whole process more painful.

I have stuck buy MS for years, but now find myself checking on the price of a mac.

:)

Frank_783, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows upgrade forced Security reset and unwanted features

1. Latest Windows upgrade forced Security reset and unwanted features - Similar Threads - Latest upgrade forced

2. Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?: I would like to hear your best reasoning on why a PC user is FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft apps and features installed against their will? Apps like Cortana, Xbox Game Bar, Microsoft Edge & it's WebView 2 and so many more are not for everyone. As well as the hundreds of...
  3. Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?: I would like to hear your best reasoning on why a PC user is FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft apps and features installed against their will? Apps like Cortana, Xbox Game Bar, Microsoft Edge & it's WebView 2 and so many more are not for everyone. As well as the hundreds of...
  4. Unwanted feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted feature: i have 2 computers, running Windows 11, on the same network. Whenever I change something on either desktop, it changes also on the other computer. I use them for different purposes and I don't like this feature. How can I stop it?...
  5. Unwanted feature

Unwanted feature: i have 2 computers, running Windows 11, on the same network. Whenever I change something on either desktop, it changes also on the other computer. I use them for different purposes and I don't like this feature. How can I stop it?...
  6. unable to access windows reset or windows security features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access windows reset or windows security features: I have just recieved a new laptop as a gift but am unable to access the windows security features or reset/recover the PC? there is a folder named KENNE in the users folder? What is this folder? Is this PC compromised with some kind of spyware?...
  7. unable to access windows reset or windows security features

unable to access windows reset or windows security features: I have just recieved a new laptop as a gift but am unable to access the windows security features or reset/recover the PC? there is a folder named KENNE in the users folder? What is this folder? Is this PC compromised with some kind of spyware?...
  8. unable to access windows reset or windows security features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows keep forcing unwanted update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep forcing unwanted update: About 18 months ago or so an update came out that is breaking something on my laptop. I cant adjust the volume through mixer, its either all the way or off. I have redownloaded driver, checked bios, etc. I can't tell you how many hours I spent trying to fix it and googling...
  10. Unwanted feature updates being forced over metered connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted feature updates being forced over metered connection: Can you explain why this update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" was forced on me over a metered connection? If I hacked into your pc and sent you unwanted software and made you pay for the 4g bandwidth it lapped up and then made you lose work time while it...