Windows 10: Latin keyboard/language stuck

Discus and support Latin keyboard/language stuck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I have a problem with a language. I had added Latin by mistake, but now it's stuck. I've deleted it from my languages, but it's still there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Μιχαήλ Χατζηασεμίδης, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Latin keyboard/language stuck

Hello,I have a problem with a language. I had added Latin by mistake, but now it's stuck. I've deleted it from my languages, but it's still there down-right on the bar. Could somebody help me remove it completely?

:)

Μιχαήλ Χατζηασεμίδης, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Apr 23, 2021
  3. mrElement Win User
    How to keep separate *default* display language from keyboard language

Hello new user here! I'm not sure if this is exactly the correct session to post, dear mods bear with me!

So, I'm setting up a laptop for a friend using Windows 10. His nationality is Greek and not quite good with English so I put the system display language, currency/time formats and location all in Greek.

Quite to an oddity though he likes to chat in "greeklish" (which is the term used for greek being typed in latin/english characters). Moreover his initial password for log in is also with latin/english characters. And it's quite annoying that the keyboard is always initializing in Greek layout due to system language selection to begin with.

I'm trying to find some way to keep the system language in Greek along with time/date/currency formating but retain the initial keyboard layout in English (USA). I don't mean I don't want a greek typing keyboard - I merely want the USA one to be selected when the computer boots. I tried messing around with language and locality settings in "Region & Language". But if I set the English (USA) first in list this automatically changes my system language as well, which I don't want to happen.

Is there any way to go about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mrElement, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Latin keyboard/language stuck

Stuck Keyboard languages

Hi Jozef,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can try the following steps:

Method 1:

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and click on ‘Control panel’ from the context menu.
    2. Click on View by option located at the top right corner of the window and select ‘Large icons’ from the dropdown bar.
    3. From the panel, click on Add a language or
      Change input methods..
    4. Click Options.
    5. Tap Remove on the right of the input method you want to delete, and click on
      Save.

Method 2:

1. Open ‘Command Prompt’ in Admin mode.
    2. Type: lpksetup /u cs-CZ and press enter.
    3. Restart the computer.

Check if the keyboard layout language is corrected.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Latin keyboard/language stuck

1. Latin keyboard/language stuck - Similar Threads - Latin keyboard language

2. How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.: I looked at other forms however, none of them have provided any useful help on how to turn off the Spanish Latin keyboard, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help with my issue. I tried to PowerShell the issue discussed in another form, but it doesn't work. For some...
  3. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  4. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  5. Undeletable Extra Latin Languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undeletable Extra Latin Languages: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] All I did was changing my regional format : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undeletable-extra-latin-languages/29e061cb-682e-49be-8b53-3afcdb4951c8
  6. My keyboard is stuck in a different language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My keyboard is stuck in a different language: I bought my laptop 6 months ago in Vietnam. They changed the operating system to English and everything was fine until a few days ago when Vietnamese letters started appear when I type certain words. For example, when I type "is," it changes the i to í. Or when I type "or" it...
  7. Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard: Hello, I´ve just recently decided to change to the Latin american keyboard layout on my computer with an English layout. I downloaded the pack that let me do so, and for the most part, I´ve been able to change the keys to something that makes sense with the new layout....
  8. Support Kurdish(Kurmanci-Latin) Language

Support Kurdish(Kurmanci-Latin) Language: There is a Kurdish keyboard for Central Kurdish based on Arabic alphabet in Windows 10, but the Northern Kurdish (Kurmanji) keyboard is not included. We ask for a native keyboard for Kurmanji in Microsoft Windows operating system....
  9. Stuck Keyboard languages

Stuck Keyboard languages: Hello! I'm a new user of Win10 and I'm not used to this layout and everything, so here's my problem: When I first started up my notebook all the starting Win10 menu/settings were in czech language and in those settings i set english language. Later I added slovak language...
  10. Keyboard stuck between two languages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stuck between two languages: I have a Windows 10 HP Envy, and am having some trouble with languages on my keyboard. I have English (US) as my default Windows display language, but I installed a French AZERTY keyboard within the English language pack to easily switch between the two when I need to type...