Windows 10: Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked

Discus and support Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have an issue with a couple of different Dell Latitude laptops in the 7400 series. They're connected to a number of different Dell docking stations.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoConnection9120, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked

Have an issue with a couple of different Dell Latitude laptops in the 7400 series. They're connected to a number of different Dell docking stations. When undocked the wifi completely disapears and the only way to get it back is to reboot the laptop. All drivers and firmware are up to date. Has anyone seen this issue?

:)

NoConnection9120, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Equation Win User

2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station

Everything is fine without docking station. The laptop is a Dell Latitude E7440, and I don't use Internet Cable plugs, its wifi.

Equation, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Undock Windows 10 laptop

My external primary monitors sometimes restore settings, sometimes not. I worry more about the files I've accessed on my external drive.

Does eliminating the soft undock command in Windows 10 imply that the PC can be safely pulled off the docking station or port replicator with no prep? No "safely remove USB?" Just yank and go?

Dell instructions - Undocking Your Laptop

1 Push the lock/unlock switch toward the back of the E-Port to unlock it.

2 Press the eject button to undock the laptop from the E-Port, then lift the

laptop away from the E-Port.

Windows 10

Dell Latitude e7450

Dell E-Port Replicator with USB 3.0 for E Series Latitudes (PRO3X)

DenisSeattle, Feb 4, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked

2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station

Again, what is the docking station mfg and model?

bro67, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked

1. Latitude 7400 series & Dell Docking Stations - wifi unusable when undocked - Similar Threads - Latitude 7400 series

2. Dell WD19TBS docking station not working with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell WD19TBS docking station not working with Windows 11.: I have a Dell WD19tbs docking station that works fine with my work laptop, which is Windows 10. However, with my personal laptop, I can see the external hard drive plugged into the docking station, but the 2 monitors do not show....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Dell Latitude 7400 models WIFI stops working when you undock it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Latitude 7400 models WIFI stops working when you undock it.: Hi All We have a client that only have Latitude 7450,7470,7480,7490 and the new model 7400. We start experiencing when we undock the laptops they wifi stops working totally, is disappears. The only way to fix it, it's by restarting the PC. We update all the drivers,...
  7. Restoring window placement when undocking and docking a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring window placement when undocking and docking a laptop: I have two extra screens on my laptop at work. I take my laptop to a meeting with no extra screens connected. I come back, dock the laptop, and the windows need to be rearranged again. Is there a way to get windows or a utility to keep track of the overall screen...
  8. Dell Latitude 7400 with 3 external monitors - 3rd monitor not active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude 7400 with 3 external monitors - 3rd monitor not active: Hi, I normally don't post anything because it seems like every question out there is asked and answered, but I've been searching on this topic and can't find anything that solves my problem. - I have a Latitude 7400 and Dell WD19 docking station, running Windows 10 x64,...
  9. WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station: Hi. I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I broke my mini display port, so for a couple of months was using a USB to connect to a old monitor., When I did this I had intermittent WiFi issues where the WiFi just wouldn't work on my Surface. I tried on my phone, worked...
  10. Dell Latitude E-Series Dock fails to drive monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude E-Series Dock fails to drive monitors: Wondering if anyone has had video issues with Dell docks? My Latitude E7450 is "unsupported" by Dell, however...works great in Windows 10 with this (glaring) exception. I have removed the filler plate from the dock, plugged in HDMI and a mini display port directly to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what docking stations does go with Latitude 7400