Windows 10: Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr

Discus and support Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got an old Dell E6400 that sees the touchpad (its a synaptic's) only as a mouse. Laptop not supported by dell on Windows 10, so what drivers can I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr

Got an old Dell E6400 that sees the touchpad (its a synaptic's) only as a mouse.

Laptop not supported by dell on Windows 10, so what drivers can I use and where can I get them .

I have search and found various Synaptic drivers, but they don't seem to work. Any dell drivers for another model work with this one? How about generic 64bit drivers?

I have removed the mouse driver, searched online for newer, forced hardware scan. nothing.

Suggestions?

Win 10 1909,

submitted by /u/captain_dylan_hunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 7, 2019

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 7, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 7, 2019
  4. NivekllaH Win User

Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr

Dell Latitude E4310, missing driver, Windows 10

Hello,

I started with a fully functional Dell Latitude E4310 (circa 2011) with Windows 7 pro. Microsoft get windows 10 app came up all green for upgrading to Windows 10. Upgraded, and the laptop became very slow. It's basically become unusable. Before you ask -
    it has 8Gb RAM.

Investigation (too little too late):

I'm missing one driver after upgrading.

Device type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

No idea what this device might be or if it's related to my performance issues. Should have made a list before upgrading.

Now (again, too little too late), I check Dell's website - for drivers. They have no plans to support Latitude E4310 with Windows 10.

So. Other than _running_ back to Windows 7 as fast as I can, does anyone have any suggestions?

NivekllaH, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr

1. Latitude E6400 missing touchpad driver in Device Mgr - Similar Threads - Latitude E6400 missing

2. battery missing from D Mgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery missing from D Mgr: Follow online instruction to reinstalll battery icon but battery not showing in Device Manager.How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-missing-from-d-mgr/f17cb284-2316-4e4a-b789-cf4c02c0e7e9
  3. Synaptics touchpad driver missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics touchpad driver missing: I installed Windows 11 on my HP Notebook and since then I have been missing Synaptics touchpad driver from my pc. I checked hp support site but there is no official driver compatible. I even tried installing the versions compatible with Windows 10 but none worked. Could...
  4. Synaptics touchpad driver missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics touchpad driver missing: I installed Windows 11 on my HP Notebook and since then I have been missing Synaptics touchpad driver from my pc. I checked hp support site but there is no official driver compatible. I even tried installing the versions compatible with Windows 10 but none worked. Could...
  5. Touchpad Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Driver Missing: In the Device Manager there is no touchpad driver on my Surface Pro 7, just a mouse driver.* I have downloaded the driver packages at microsoft, that did nothing* I've checked for updatesThe reason I want to update the driver is that I have a deadspace in the middle of my...
  6. Touchpad Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Driver Missing: In the Device Manager there is no touchpad driver on my Surface Pro 7, just a mouse driver.* I have downloaded the driver packages at microsoft, that did nothing* I've checked for updatesThe reason I want to update the driver is that I have a deadspace in the middle of my...
  7. Touchpad Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers: One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is the thunderbolt drivers...
  9. squeeking and squelch from latitude E6400

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    squeeking and squelch from latitude E6400: problem started today August 27th, 2019 continual high pitched squeeking and squelch from my laptop when I powered up. Has not run for a few days since I unsuccessfully tried to install the Windows cumulative update. The only fix was : Settings>App volume and device...
  10. win10 boot mgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 boot mgr missing: I have upgraded to win1064bit.Now the screen is showing " boot mgr missing".I don't have recovery disk. How to solve this 21550

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch pad drivers for window 10 dell inc latitude e6400