Windows 10: Launch application when visiting specific URL?

Discus and support Launch application when visiting specific URL? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Are there any applications that will monitor what web sites I goto and the run a program if I visit a specific site or page ? This needs to run on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomT, Oct 9, 2019.

1. TomT Win User

Launch application when visiting specific URL?

Hi.
    Are there any applications that will monitor what web sites I goto and the run a program if I visit a specific site or page ?

This needs to run on the windows client.
    Thanks

:)

TomT, Oct 9, 2019

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 9, 2019
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Launch application when visiting specific URL? - Similar Threads - Launch application visiting

2. Make an application launch on a specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make an application launch on a specific monitor?: I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and recently moved up to a dual monitor setup. Tbh it's something I didn't even really know I needed until I had it, but I digress. I have my left monitor set as my main and the right as the secondary. I typically use the left for...
  3. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign a full keyboard to a specific application: I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So I wantet to know is...
  4. Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...: I've had a few crashes in the past days while gaming where my computer will completely freeze and the last seconds of audio will repeat until a forced restart. I've checked the event logs and when they log the error it's been this. See full text of the error below. Any help...
  5. Application within application won't launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Application within application won't launch: Greetings, I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e. mapping, record management, incidents, arrests, property, etc. We run our program on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. We...
  6. Select GPU to use by specific applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select GPU to use by specific applications: have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it. I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do...
  7. Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop

Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-virtual-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  8. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  9. Changing color quality when an application is launched

Changing color quality when an application is launched: I am trying to have the color quality of my Windows 10 machine change to 16 bit when I remote into it using Chrome remote desktop. Any help would be appreciated. 13011
  10. Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?: Hi, I have been OK with Windows XP on my old P4 PCs 2GB RAM (standalone No Internet) that I use for basic word processing and Photo Editing (mainly with FastStone Image Viewer FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter), but...