Windows 10: Launch application when visiting specific URL?

Discus and support Launch application when visiting specific URL? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Are there any applications that will monitor what web sites I goto and the run a program if I visit a specific site or page ? This needs to run on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomT, Oct 9, 2019.

1. TomT Win User

Launch application when visiting specific URL?

Hi.
    Are there any applications that will monitor what web sites I goto and the run a program if I visit a specific site or page ?

This needs to run on the windows client.
    Thanks

:)

TomT, Oct 9, 2019

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 9, 2019
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Launch application when visiting specific URL? - Similar Threads - Launch application visiting

2. Is there a way to launch a url screen at oobe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to launch a url screen at oobe?: I need to have end users complete and get training certs before logging into the computer. I would like to be able to have them complete the training at the OOBE screen....
  3. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  4. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  5. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page: So I used the winaero tweaker to cange the taskbar size and then restarted explorer.exe from the task manager. Nothing happened. Reverted the changes. Nothing happened. And now i am here. Asking ffor help cuz my explorer crashes on the home page on Windows 11 Build 22H2 Also...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page

Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page: So I used the winaero tweaker to cange the taskbar size and then restarted explorer.exe from the task manager. Nothing happened. Reverted the changes. Nothing happened. And now i am here. Asking ffor help cuz my explorer crashes on the home page on Windows 11 Build 22H2 Also...
  8. Windows 11 Run Dialog won't launch specific applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Run Dialog won't launch specific applications: So far, I found that I can no longer launch Notepad and Windows Terminal via the run dialog with the command "notepad" and "wt" respectively, which previously worked. Now, it just results in the mouse briefly switching to the "Working in background"-cursor and back. Other...
  9. Windows 11 Run Dialog won't launch specific applications

Windows 11 Run Dialog won't launch specific applications: So far, I found that I can no longer launch Notepad and Windows Terminal via the run dialog with the command "notepad" and "wt" respectively, which previously worked. Now, it just results in the mouse briefly switching to the "Working in background"-cursor and back. Other...
  10. Make an application launch on a specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make an application launch on a specific monitor?: I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and recently moved up to a dual monitor setup. Tbh it's something I didn't even really know I needed until I had it, but I digress. I have my left monitor set as my main and the right as the secondary. I typically use the left for...