Windows 10: Launch csm is disabled

Discus and support Launch csm is disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What do I do if the launch CSM is disabled? I can’t even get to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NC_804, Aug 17, 2020.

1. NC_804 Win User

Launch csm is disabled

What do I do if the launch CSM is disabled? I can’t even get to it.

:)

NC_804, Aug 17, 2020

2. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

I am stuck on Aptio setup utility and launch csm disabled

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Stuck on patio setup and launch csm disabled

* OS assumed to be Win 10

LisaGallagher1, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• When you say, “I am stuck on Aptio setup utility” are you able to boot the computer to Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Boot your computer up and wait for it to boot into the Aptio Setup Utility.
    2. Once in the Aptio Setup Utility, navigate to the
      Security
    3. Expand the Secure Boot menu
      section and disable Secure Boot.
    4. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit the Aptio Setup Utility,
      restart your computer and wait for it to boot into the utility once again.
    5. Navigate to the Boot

6. Disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot
    7. Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
    8. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit
    BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Launch csm is disabled

Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility Menu, Launch CSM Diabled

I have a ASUS X550Z, and today I noticed that it was making a clicking sound, and the aptio setup utility came up. I have looked at solutions, but it requires that the Launch CSM was enabled. On mine it was disabled, and I have not found a solution yet.

Jonathan_Burke, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Launch csm is disabled

1. Launch csm is disabled - Similar Threads - Launch csm disabled

2. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  3. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  4. Disable csm on a omen desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable csm on a omen desktop: I need to disable csm in my bios but i cant find it in my bios options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-csm-on-a-omen-desktop/7d99bb5c-6130-45e0-97d1-e9ef9d3e933e
  5. Disable csm on a omen desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable csm on a omen desktop: I need to disable csm in my bios but i cant find it in my bios options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-csm-on-a-omen-desktop/7d99bb5c-6130-45e0-97d1-e9ef9d3e933e
  6. Disable csm on a omen desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  8. Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support: Hello! I’m having a tough time here after disabling CSM support in my BIOS. Upon loading Windows now, my Ethernet adapter is completely missing from Network & Internet Settings, and in Device Manager, is labeled with a warning sign. In the Device Status box inside the...
  9. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled: I am stuck on Aptio setup utility and launch csm disabled * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Stuck on patio setup and launch csm disabled * OS assumed to be Win 10...
  10. Disable CSM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable CSM?: Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner...