Windows 10: Launch issues

Discus and support Launch issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my problems general start after ive turned my pc on and login. I get locked into a blank screen. Sometimes black, tan, yellow, blue, and white. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ezra00, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Ezra00 Win User

Launch issues

So my problems general start after ive turned my pc on and login. I get locked into a blank screen. Sometimes black, tan, yellow, blue, and white. The only thing that it resembles is when I get a startup app that asks if for permission to run in administrative mode because its a custom built pc I use it to tune my graphucs card fan speed etc however when this happens the box containing the information and whatever app that's asking doesnt pop up. Its judt a blank screen, no mouse, no reaction. I thought this was a Windows issues but after a fresh install on the same drive it still persists. If it isn't windows I dont know What it could be, any ideas would be appreciated

:)

Ezra00, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Launch issues

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Launch issues

1. Launch issues - Similar Threads - Launch issues

2. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  3. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  4. Issue with game folders and launching

Issue with game folders and launching: I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock on the Minecraft Launcher but when I try to load the game it tells me that it "Failed to load game". I went to the files to see if anything was wrong but it turns out I don't have a...
  5. Issue with game folders and launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with game folders and launching: I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock on the Minecraft Launcher but when I try to load the game it tells me that it "Failed to load game". I went to the files to see if anything was wrong but it turns out I don't have a...
  6. Issues Launching a game but changing user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Launching a game but changing user: Hello,I'm having an issue related to launching two specific games on my pc. I have over 20 installed on my rig but for some reason I have 2 that just won't launch. The two games are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Elder Scrolls Online which both utilize a game launcher. The only...
  7. Issues Launching a game but changing user

Issues Launching a game but changing user: Hello,I'm having an issue related to launching two specific games on my pc. I have over 20 installed on my rig but for some reason I have 2 that just won't launch. The two games are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Elder Scrolls Online which both utilize a game launcher. The only...
  8. How to tackle the issue of File Explorer or any new installed App launch failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tackle the issue of File Explorer or any new installed App launch failure?: File Explorer fails to launch on my Windows. All solutions proposed like Windows+E shortcut, restarting the task from task manager, launching from start menu, device image clear have been tried and nothing works. The screen goes blank for a second and we are back to desktop...
  9. How to tackle the issue of File Explorer or any new installed App launch failure?

How to tackle the issue of File Explorer or any new installed App launch failure?: File Explorer fails to launch on my Windows. All solutions proposed like Windows+E shortcut, restarting the task from task manager, launching from start menu, device image clear have been tried and nothing works. The screen goes blank for a second and we are back to desktop...
  10. I want to launch a game as an administrator as a potential fix to current technical issues...

I want to launch a game as an administrator as a potential fix to current technical issues...: I've tried to launch the game as administrator through the shortcut but the option doesn't appear. I've also tried doing it through the start menu but it just shows the files under the games name rather than the game itself....