Windows 10: Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

Discus and support Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I like to start programs using the Run Window Windows Logo-R. I start Chrome this way. I start MS Word this way. I start many things this way. It's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MrHollowWeen, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

I like to start programs using the Run Window Windows Logo-R. I start Chrome this way. I start MS Word this way. I start many things this way. It's just faster for me then dinking around with a mouse going through the start-->programs menus.Anyway....the other day I went to start Spotify and ran into problems. It kept saying "Windows can't find Spotify...." or "Windows can't find Spotify.exe...". Then I realized that Spotify installs as a Windows Store App. Is there a way to launch/start windows store apps from the Run Window?Thanks

:)

MrHollowWeen, Apr 10, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 10, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

1. Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window - Similar Threads - Launch Store Apps

2. Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window: I like to start programs using the Run Window Windows Logo-R. I start Chrome this way. I start MS Word this way. I start many things this way. It's just faster for me then dinking around with a mouse going through the start-->programs menus.Anyway....the other day I went to...
  3. Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launch Windows Store Apps from Run Window: I like to start programs using the Run Window Windows Logo-R. I start Chrome this way. I start MS Word this way. I start many things this way. It's just faster for me then dinking around with a mouse going through the start-->programs menus.Anyway....the other day I went to...
  4. Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.: After installing the latest updates in the Update Manager, I restarted my PC and found that no Microsoft apps would work, and the Store was missing. The troubleshooter says it can't find a problem, I have reinstalled recovery/reset Windows 10 three times, and the issue...
  5. Can't Launch Windows App Store

Can't Launch Windows App Store: [ATTACH] This is what I get when trying to open up microsoft store. Only started happening after I got a new router. However, my internet connection is working just fine on all my devices. Reset the router, still happening. Reset windows store app, didn't fix it. I...
  6. Windows store apps will not launch

Windows store apps will not launch: I cannot launch any windows store apps. Store, Snip 'n sketch and feedback up are not operational. none of these apps show up in Apps and Features in Settings. I have installed 2020-04 update and am current on all updates....
  7. Running a launch parameter command line argument on a windows store app

Running a launch parameter command line argument on a windows store app: I've been searching and fighting with this for months now, what used to be as simple as adding a line to a shortcut target is now an absolutely insane process... I simply want to run an "ARK survival evolved" Server with a few command line arguments, for no reasonable reason...
  8. White Screen on Launching apps(games) from windows store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen on Launching apps(games) from windows store.: Apart from just showing white screen I have to launch the app multiple times to Load the game.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen-on-launching-appsgames-from-windows/b6a20c2c-b64c-4933-8e3f-fbf178ac4787
  9. Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.

Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.: Every since the last windows update none of the windows applications are working for me anymore. When I try to open the windows store it either doesn't do anything or opens for a second and closes. This is the error I get whenever I try to use something like photos,...
  10. Cannot run apps installed from windows store

Cannot run apps installed from windows store: I can no longer access my apps purchased or installed from the windows store. Specifically Photoshop Elements or iTunes but also others. When I try to run the apps, I get the same message everytime…."Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...