Windows 10: Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons

Discus and support Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys,I've got an issue with most Launcher and Application external to windows 10 apps. See example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackSlater5, May 26, 2021.

1. Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons

Hi guys,I've got an issue with most Launcher and Application external to windows 10 apps. See example below:https://gyazo.com/d9859fcc3159c0dc6613a4f1808dcce4This happens with all my applications when in the foreground. when in the back ground and not mouse hovered over it, it is normal. I've changed the DPI overrides to no avail.I have feeling its something to do with services priority or something. I'm out of ideas.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JackSlater5, May 26, 2021
  2. Lars Gard Win User

An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, May 26, 2021
  3. Microsoft launcher

Hi AustinNeely\,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. May we ask if what troubleshooting you have tried? We highly suggest you to try the steps below.

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Kind Regards,

Rom G.

Romualdo_G, May 26, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons

New Microsoft Launcher Preview (Early Access) app for Android

Source:

Brink, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons

1. Launchers/Apps in Foreground have a "lacing effect" around text/icons - Similar Threads - Launchers Apps Foreground

2. Windows GUI Cracking Effect Around Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows GUI Cracking Effect Around Words: I keep getting this error on many applications OBS being the worse since its barely usable. I have attached a picture of how it looks and would like some type of solution since I can not find anything online about this problem. thank you four help and I appreciate it.link to...
  3. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  4. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text Wrap around image: G'day,When I use Word, if I add an image, I can use Text Wrap to type on the right of the image. Is there a way of doing that with my Windows Mail?Happy New YearMalcolm...
  5. Text Wrap around image

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.: Hi, Whenever I have my desktop in the background my text and icons get artifacts around them. Please see image below. I have all apps closed and my desktop background is in focus. I have recently shifted from a 21 inch 1080p to a 32 inch 1440p monitor. I am using a...
  7. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.: Hi, Whenever I have my desktop in the background my text and icons get artifacts around them. Please see image below. I have all apps closed and my desktop background is in focus. I have recently shifted from a 21 inch 1080p to a 32 inch 1440p monitor. I am using a...
  8. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

9. icons and text have an edge

icons and text have an edge: Hi, my app icons and windows texts have an edge and showing as they have can't use graphics! but drivers installed and up to date... what's wrong? Windows 10 2004...
  10. All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar: Hello TenForums, and actually it's my first time to post here. I've long been a lurker, searching around for solutions and tweaks and stuff, but I decided to register because of a minor, rather OCD-triggering problem. This has only flared up recently, after applying a...