Windows 10: Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.

Discus and support Launching a program when a second monitor is attached. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I am looking to use Task Scheduler or similar to start an application every time I plug in a secondary monitor. EG: When only using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ludditefornow, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.

Hi all,

I am looking to use Task Scheduler or similar to start an application every time I plug in a secondary monitor. EG:

When only using my laptop monitor, I decide to plug in a secondary monitor to my HDMI port and when that action is logged is forces an EXE or other Windows based program to run. I am yet to find a way to find a way to trigger this. HAs anyone attempted this before or have any clues on how to campture the event ID to relate the EXE to it?

:)

Ludditefornow, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Fraserb82 Win User

Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor.

I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the applications on my main monitor.

Is there some setting I need to change so that it launches on the second monitor.

For some more detail, we are trying to set up Promethean V5 smart panels for a classroom setup. There will be the V5 board connected to a PC and the PC will also have a monitor. The PC monitor has to stay as the main monitor and the setup will be extended (this is not an issue when setting up as a duplicate screen, for obvious reasons).

If anyone has any useful tips or suggestions on things to try I would really appreciate them.

Thanks

Fraserb82, Mar 10, 2020
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.

issue with second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to download the display driver from the manufacturer's website. If there are no driver for windows 10, download the latest driver and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

After you have downloaded the driver:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b) Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c) Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the

appropriate operating system from the drop down list.

d) Let the driver install and then check the functionality

I would also suggest you to refer to the link below for steps to set up dual monitor in your system.

Connect a second monitor or projector (Applies to windows 10)

You can also refer to the suggestion by Karthik from this link
    for more information.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.

1. Launching a program when a second monitor is attached. - Similar Threads - Launching program second

2. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  3. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  4. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  5. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  6. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Programs crash when opened on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs crash when opened on second monitor.: I'm running a Dual Monitor setup with the extended setting, and it works perfect except for one thing: any program that tries to start itself up on the second screen freezes and doesn't start up. I have no problems moving programs that are already opened around, and can...
  8. Attaching a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attaching a second monitor: I have attached a second monitor via hdmi to vga cable but my pc will not recognize it Aby suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-a-second-monitor/c2e83abe-733d-4e8b-a42a-f8355a322be4
  9. Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched.

Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched.: Windows media Player always opens on my main monitor no matter what I do. Every other program and App will remember what screen it was last opened on except WMP. I can launch it, move it to the monitor I want it on, maximize it, close it, and it just launches back on the...
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...