Windows 10: Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first

Discus and support Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This happens when dark mode is enabled in Windows (obviously), but it wasn't happening before, it started happening couple weeks ago submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustRelaxASC, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first

This happens when dark mode is enabled in Windows (obviously), but it wasn't happening before, it started happening couple weeks ago

submitted by /u/JustRelaxASC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustRelaxASC, Feb 10, 2021

2. Youtube white screen on chrome

So one day this started happening i dont know why but on chrome when i launch youtube it just shows menu and youtube logo but i cant click on them and the rest of the page doesnt load or is frozen ive tried disabling hardware accelerator nothing but it
    works on everything else microsoft edge ETC.

Rockstar567, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Google Chrome stuck on white screen

Ever since my latest update to for Win10, Google Chrome wont launch. I get a blank white screen, no resource locator window, nothing. Just min/mx/close in the top right hand corner. Went through Avast and Malwarebytes, and nothing was found. Called Google
    CS and worked on it for over an hour, and still nothing. They suggested I call MS CS, and Ive been on hold for over two hours now.

Things I've tried:

• running in Admin mode and User mode
    • going to chrome properties, and selecting/deselecting running under Win8 a few times
    • uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome (incidentally, when I "Googled" the download for Chrome using Edge, I was offended to find MS had co-opted half of the above the fold real estate to tell me why Edge was a better choice. Very poor user experience at best;
      full-blown bait-and-switch at worst.
    • running I incognito mode
    MS Edge works fine since the update. Of course it does.

Anyone else solve this?

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate]

cmaclean1011, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first

1. Launching Chrome/Edge/Youtube or any dark site blasts me with white screen first - Similar Threads - Launching Chrome Edge

2. White Screen then crash in dark souls III

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Screen then crash in dark souls III: i've tried playing the game but it gives me a white screen then crashes after a few seconds i didn't get any error message except in the event viewer i will copy paste it here:SourceDARK SOULS™ IIISummaryStopped workingDate‎1/‎29/‎2023 12:46 PMStatusReport...
  3. White Screen then crash in dark souls III

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen then crash in dark souls III: i've tried playing the game but it gives me a white screen then crashes after a few seconds i didn't get any error message except in the event viewer i will copy paste it here:SourceDARK SOULS™ IIISummaryStopped workingDate‎1/‎29/‎2023 12:46 PMStatusReport...
  4. Screen dimming on dark screen, brightens slowly on white screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dimming on dark screen, brightens slowly on white screen: Suddenly as of yesterday, when I open a window that is darker than a typical white Google tab a website on dark mode or similar, a website with a dark background, a game of some kind, etc. my display will dim automatically a slight bit. This seemed odd on its own, but when I...
  5. White flash on chrome launch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flash on chrome launch.: submitted by /u/Honest_Anybody [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4fz9n/white_flash_on_chrome_launch/
  6. Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode: Is there anyway to fix this please? I did clean install Windows 10 and the flashes are much longer then before. Before it was very quick flash but now its much longer. submitted by /u/stonded [link] [comments]...
  7. Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data: In Google Chrome settings, Cookies and site data allows you to Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome. Below that, in the settings it has a section called Allow, where you can choose cookies you want to keep on close. This lets me delete all of the cookies on close...
  8. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...
  9. Youtube on Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube on Chrome: Whenever I fullscreen a video youtube, the scrolling bar and title of the video fades halfway (so that I can still see it on the screen) as opposed to disappearing after a few seconds. Any tips?...
  10. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....