Windows 10: Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

Discus and support Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've tried googling to solve my issue, but no luck.I launch command prompt using the Run panel and typing "cmd" because it's quick and easy. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarterWood3, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

Hello, I've tried googling to solve my issue, but no luck.I launch command prompt using the Run panel and typing "cmd" because it's quick and easy. I recently modified the properties of "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools\cmd.exe" and these properties are applied when I launch cmd.exe from the start menu, but not from Windows key + r > "cmd". I believe this is because Run intprets "cmd" as %WINDIR%\System32\cmd.exe and not the path that allows you to edit the properties. Is there any way around this issue, perhaps a way to make Run interpr

:)

CarterWood3, Jun 10, 2024

2. Experimental Tab in command Prompt Properties

The 'Experimental' tab has been totally removed in command prompt properties window for Win 10. All the features under that tab have been regrouped under the 'Options' tab.

That should have been the correct answer.

Tedpacheco, Jun 10, 2024
  3. Windows Command Prompt

Pallav,

Open CMD using Run as Administrator via Start menu.

Run the following command:

• whoami /all /fo list >%temp%\cmd-runas.txt
    Exit the Command Prompt.

Launch Task Manager and create a new CMD.exe task with admin privileges.

Run the following command:

• whoami /all /fo list >%temp%\cmd-taskmgr.txt
    Upload these two files to your OneDrive and share the link here.

• %temp%\cmd-runas.txt
    • %temp%\cmd-taskmgr.txt

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 10, 2024
  4. cwtech Win User

Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

1. Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties. - Similar Threads - Launching command prompt

2. Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.: Hello, I've tried googling to solve my issue, but no luck.I launch command prompt using the Run panel and typing "cmd" because it's quick and easy. I recently modified the properties of "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System...
  3. Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Launching command prompt via Win+r > "cmd" does not apply custom properties.: Hello, I've tried googling to solve my issue, but no luck.I launch command prompt using the Run panel and typing "cmd" because it's quick and easy. I recently modified the properties of "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System...
  4. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Command Prompt Cursor: Greetings,I would like to customize the command prompt cursor, so that it is a vertical bar during insert mode, and an underscore during overstrike mode. Is this possible?Thanks,Shane....
  5. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize Command Prompt Cursor: Greetings,I would like to customize the command prompt cursor, so that it is a vertical bar during insert mode, and an underscore during overstrike mode. Is this possible?Thanks,Shane....
  6. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

7. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  8. Re-edit via cmd prompt

Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  9. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...