Windows 10: Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments)

Discus and support Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KvoDon, Apr 2, 2020.

1. /u/KvoDon Win User

Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments)

/u/KvoDon, Apr 2, 2020
  2. mrje1 Win User

Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO

Hey everybody,

I have created an ISO file via the Windows MediaCreation tool that I am going to burn on disc, but I am not sure if this is the 1703 version. How can I know if the ISO file that was created by the MediaCreation tool is the 1703 version?

I have seen other ways to get this 1703 ISO file, but I am curious to know what version the MediaCreation Tool puts out.

Thank you!

mrje1, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Harivas Win User
    Getting Error while running MediaCreation tool

Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments) 11fa3de7-38f1-44c3-aad2-9412ec3abb7b.png

I have downloaded the MediaCreation tool. But while running it for download windows 10, it is getting an error as attached above photo.

Harivas, Apr 2, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142770 cause by launching Photoshop

No problem, it happens a lot with new users Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments) :)
    Please follow my suggestions below and see if it improves anything.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.
    In case you want to ask how these crashes have occured, I can't say because this crash (0x139(KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE)) has some variations in causes which are difficult to find out for me.

If you are using both your graphics cards, please use only 1 of them while troubleshooting.
    Using both your graphics cards may cause a certain problem what causes more instability.
    The problem it sometimes causes is called a Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) which means that the graphics drivers are not responding anymore where Windows failed to get them responding again in about 30 seconds (the usual amount of time for attempting to get the drivers responding again). This problem is also known as a bluescreen for some.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments) [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

axe0, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments) - Similar Threads - Launching MediaCreator tool

2. Games launching causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games launching causes BSOD: Recently I have been experiencing blue screens when launching more recent game titles including Avatar: Frontiers of pandora, Assassins creed Origins and Deathloop. I get the "KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" error. I have updated all chipset/graphics drivers along with windows...
  3. Games launching causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games launching causes BSOD: Recently I have been experiencing blue screens when launching more recent game titles including Avatar: Frontiers of pandora, Assassins creed Origins and Deathloop. I get the "KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" error. I have updated all chipset/graphics drivers along with windows...
  4. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?: Hi. If I create a Windows 10 usb installation image using the MediaCreation tool today dec 20th 2022, what build-versio will be installed on the usb key?...
  5. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?: Hi. If I create a Windows 10 usb installation image using the MediaCreation tool today dec 20th 2022, what build-versio will be installed on the usb key?...
  6. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. mediacreation tool can't choose windows 10 pro edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mediacreation tool can't choose windows 10 pro edition?: Hello,I downloaded media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10I wanted to create a bootable installation windows 10 pro on a USB drive, but when I uncheck use the recommended options for this PC , I can't choose windows 10 pro? even...
  8. Is there any way for me to download MediaCreation tool 1909?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way for me to download MediaCreation tool 1909?: I recently reinstalled my computer using MediaCreation tool 2004 however I noticed after installing my Network no longer sees the second computer I use. This has never happened before. It was literally working fine when I reinstalled it mid July after I built this new PC...
  9. windows 10 activation ... reinstalled windows by mediacreation tool....still shows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation ... reinstalled windows by mediacreation tool....still shows...: Hi, i had windows 8.1 onboard with my computer ... i updated to windows 10 home single language and later to windows 10 pro through windows website... it worked fine for these 3-4 years ... now there is an activation error.. i have reinstalled windows 10 through media...
  10. Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO: Hey everybody, I have created an ISO file via the Windows MediaCreation tool that I am going to burn on disc, but I am not sure if this is the 1703 version. How can I know if the ISO file that was created by the MediaCreation tool is the 1703 version? I have seen other...