Windows 10: Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages"

Discus and support Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just updated Thunderbird from v60 to v68 (32 bit) Previously, when launching Thunderbird, automatically new messages were searched. Now, this does... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PiKo, Dec 17, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages"

I just updated Thunderbird from v60 to v68 (32 bit)
    Previously, when launching Thunderbird, automatically new messages were searched.
    Now, this does not work anymore. After launching, I have to press "get messages" before searching starts.
    Any suggestion to get the old situation back?

:)

2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

3. rick22 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages"

Move message to folder after being read -- Thunderbird

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to configure Thunderbird to automatically move messages to a folder after they are read, one at a time.

Any way to do this?

Chris

aximbigfan, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages"

1. Launching thunderbird does not evoke "get messages" - Similar Threads - Launching thunderbird does

2. App will not launch "New Message"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App will not launch "New Message": I have an android phone and I use PhoneLink with multiple computers. On my primary computer, I can read and respond to messages in the recent list, but if i click "new message" the app crashes instantly, every single time. I have crash files on disk but my IT team can't...
  3. App will not launch "New Message"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App will not launch "New Message": I have an android phone and I use PhoneLink with multiple computers. On my primary computer, I can read and respond to messages in the recent list, but if i click "new message" the app crashes instantly, every single time. I have crash files on disk but my IT team can't...
  4. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  5. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  6. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird: Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this....
  7. Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small: Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok. But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have the size larger. I did not find a setting for that. Thunderbird 72.0.2 150001
  8. Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird stopped getting my emails: All of a sudden, Thunderbird version 73.0b1 (32-bit) has stopped getting one of my email accounts emails. I have 2 email accounts through Comcast. One works through Thunderbird, the other just stopped working. I just noticed this and I'm not sure if it started when I did an...
  9. Why is Mozilla Thunderbird so slow at receiving new messages?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is Mozilla Thunderbird so slow at receiving new messages?: Hi. This is nothing new but Thunderbird is very slow at receiving new messages from my ISP's mail server. When using the webmail client directly from a browser, (direct to server) it is really fast. Anyone else with this issue and a possible fix? Thanks. *Cool 131669
  10. Settings does not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings does not launch: It worked fine a couple days ago. Not sure what changed. The last Windows Update was 4/19/2019. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-does-not-launch/63efcd12-e8f5-4024-804a-f3d64dd4f5b3