Windows 10: Layout Of File Explorer

Discus and support Layout Of File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobDowdeswell, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Layout Of File Explorer

I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient.

When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this layout was retained with exactly the same folders appearing in the lh pane as I had in Windows 7. It was all good.

In the last hour, I tried to add a saved search to this pane, as I had in Windows 7. I was unable to achieve this (and it would be good to know if this is possible or not) but, in so doing, the two pane layout was replaced by a single pane with just the quick access options and I have been unable to return to my preferred layout.

I tried a system restore to return to the layout I wanted but this had no effect. Can anyone help, please.

:)

BobDowdeswell, Oct 14, 2019

2. avoid unintentionally deletion at File Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Select view tab in the file ribbon.

3. In the layout section, select list.

4. Now check if the files in the folders change to list.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 File Explorer View Layout box

Hi Bruce,

A corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues with with the View Layout box on the File Explorer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image. Kindly follow the steps in this

Forum Article
    that was posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP) to perform SFC and DISM.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Layout Of File Explorer

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Layout Of File Explorer

1. Layout Of File Explorer - Similar Threads - Layout File Explorer

2. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  3. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  4. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  5. New file explorer layout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  6. File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook: I was looking at someone's new Lenovo notebook, and the File Explorer had a completely different layout than I've seen on any other Windows 10 machine. It didn't have the section on the left with This PC. Any ideas why or how to change it? Thanks. 180321
  7. File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space: I recently updated my version of Windows and now for some reason, when I am using File Explorer, there is a ton of extra white space between folders where they used to be nicely compact and close together. Have been messing around with settings for a while in an attempt to...
  8. Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004: Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. I noticed that the layout of icons has been rearranged in the File Explorer as shown below. I would like to check if it is a bug, or it is updated to be arranged in that way on Windows 10 Version 2004?\ Laptop Specs:...
  9. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer: Hey, I want to disable the keyboard+mouse shortcut that changes the folder layout when you accidentally scroll when clicking ctrl at the same time. It's super annoying that the folder layout jumps around and changes when selecting/de-selecting multiple files. Tried...
  10. How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout

How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout: So, I updated my laptop a few minutes ago, and now my Downloads folder looks like this when I open it. I have been using this folder a lot lately, so this change really screws me up, and I can't access my subfolders very easily. [ATTACH] What should I do to make it look...