Windows 10: Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

Discus and support Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. I noticed that the layout of icons has been rearranged in the File Explorer as shown below. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noor Syafiq Mustapha, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. I noticed that the layout of icons has been rearranged in the File Explorer as shown below. I would like to check if it is a bug, or it is updated to be arranged in that way on Windows 10 Version 2004?\

Laptop Specs:

Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T-432G50MN

4GB RAM, 120GB SSD, Intel Core i5-430M processor

This is the layout of icons on the File Explorer on Windows 10 Version 1909.

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004 [​IMG]

This is the layout of the icons on Windows 10 Version 2004.

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004 [​IMG]

:)

Noor Syafiq Mustapha, Aug 4, 2020
  2. martian Win User

View Layout Icons

In the lower right corner of the File Explorer
    there are two icons that have something to do
    with View Layout: 'Detail' and 'Large Icons'.

I would like to:
    1. Add the 'List' view because this is the type I
    often use, or:
    2. Replace the 'Large Icon' with 'List'.

How do I do it?

martian, Aug 4, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows Explorer in Windows 10 V 2004

I'm not quite sure what the difference is, the layout of File Explorer hasn't changed with version 2004. (as far as I can tell)

If you expand This PC don't you see all the drives and folders in the left hand pane?

neilpzz, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

View Layout Icons

To do what you wish, you would have to modify a couple system files, (but I can't remember which ones!) *Redface, risky endeavor though!

Your alternatives:

- right click inside the folder, hover on View, choose List

- with mouse focus inside the folder press Ctrl+Shift+5

- try "Old/New Explorer" with a menu of all 8 options in the upper right command bar.

Edwin, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

1. Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Layout Icons File

2. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  3. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  4. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  5. New file explorer layout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  6. Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken: Just reformatted my laptop. Clean install with the latest version of Windows. Carried out all updates and noticed that the spacing with the font isn't right. I asked a few friends online and some have this issue, some don't. I also have a Surface Pro where the issue isn't...
  7. File Explorer Search Not Working - Windows 10 Version 2004

File Explorer Search Not Working - Windows 10 Version 2004: Hello. I've seen many other posts about this issue, but none of the suggested solutions have worked. The search function in File Explorer stopped working a few months ago. I have Windows 10, version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 with all the latest updates. Help please?...
  8. Is the File Explorer icon meant to change like this from unpinning in 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the File Explorer icon meant to change like this from unpinning in 2004?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SaltyMargaritas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idv0wz/is_the_file_explorer_icon_meant_to_change_like/
  9. Layout Of File Explorer

Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  10. Different File Explorer version?

Different File Explorer version?: My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark...