Windows 10: LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

Discus and support LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jubalsitf, Mar 1, 2019.

1. jubalsitf Win User

LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce it on other PCs with identical hardware. Some computer have device manager beeps of the LCD being found and then lost. This happens repeatedly and endlessly.

This PC is not in a domain it is a fresh install of Windows this week.

For the last 2 weeks I have tried everything I can think of and from the forums. LIKE...

Remove and reinstall drivers**** change bios power and suspend settings (e.g. S3, S5, etc).........

Any ideas on what to try next?

This seems limited to the Zotac Zbox MI547 with HDML and 1803 or higher. I cannot find any Zotac Zbox ID64, 67, or 68 with the issue and they are probably on 1703 or 09. That is my next task to review every PC with the issue and find similarities.

Here are the questions I know you'll ask about hardware and software.

Computer

Zotac Zbox MI547

Bios is latest version

Display Adapter Info:

Intel HD Graphics 620

11/18/2018

Latest from MS. Have even tried the direct from INTEL driver and it did not help.

Test Monitor with issue

DELL 1708FPt via DVI to HDMI converter

I can try other LCDs and ALL have the same issue. Even HDMI to HDMI.

:)

jubalsitf, Mar 1, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Mar 1, 2019
  3. cant detect tv with hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and welcome to Windows 10 family.

Please try with these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop.

2. Choose Screen Resolution.

3. Let’s see if TV has been detected. If not, press “Detect” button.

Also go through the below steps:

Step1:

Choose the connection for video output. If your computer has an HDMI port, otherwise, you will need to make a few decisions. If your computer has only a single video output, and it will not be used solely with the television, you may want to invest in a
    new video card. Purchase one with either a DVI or an HDMI output, and install it in an available slot, according the instructions included with it. If you intend to use the VGA output on a single-output or dual-output card to drive the HDMI display, then a
    special device will be needed to convert between the formats, and the price of the converter is actually about the same price as an entry-level video card that will be easier to use with your TV. In that case, it may be a wise idea to upgrade the card in order
    to obtain a DVI or HDMI port. However, if your chosen output port is of the DVI variety, an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable can be purchased to convert your computer's output into the proper HDMI input for your TV.

Step 2:

Connect the HDMI cable from your television to your computer. Install the correct adapter or converter for your computer, if necessary. Unless your computer has HDMI output, cords will also need to be connected from the sound card output to the HDMI video
    cable or adapter, because HDMI carries both video and audio signals.

Step 3:

1. Boot your PC, and configure the new display,

2. Go to "Control Panel" from the "Start" Menu.

3. Double-click the "Display" icon and click the "Settings" tab.

The manual for your HDMI TV will list the screen resolutions it supports, along with the refresh rates.

Configure the resolution in the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button to set the refresh rate.

If you are using the HDMI TV as the second monitor, you will also have to configure how it is used by Windows, according to the instructions pertaining to your video card. Most cards offer a "Clone" or "Mirror" mode, where both screens display the same content.
    Alternately, the "Extended Desktop" mode can be used, in which each monitor will operate independently.

Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Mar 1, 2019
  4. LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

HDMI Port Not Detecting Display

FWIW I have given my HDMI to my Surface RT. Surface Pro with W10 gets VGA. Now there are fewer drops. However, before that it seemed that the connector always needed to be pushed together more. With VGA it is the same connector with a converter added.
    Go figure. I also tried using MWDA but the usability of that option is beyond belief. You need to be a masochist to keep using it.

Coincidentally my mother has an Envy X360 which we dock to a Targus. The second screen there is managed by the Targus, e.g. only connection to the Envy is the USB port for the Targus. That works very well. I can't remember how W10 detects the second screen.
    I think it knows it's HDMI.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

1. LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode - Similar Threads - LCD Detected HDMI

2. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  3. HDMI port

HDMI port: when I connect the laptop to the tv through hdmi cable nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/18ca5c4a-adb6-4c0d-9970-21b3132930bb
  4. HDMI ports

HDMI ports: i am having a issue with one of my HDMI ports. i have two, but only one is working. i cant connect anything via that port. i cant use my second monitor. it just doesnt want to connect to anything....
  5. hdmi ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi ports: Each start of Windows 10 sends my ACER HDMI monitor signal to the other hdmi socket. Switching the plug is a nuisance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-ports/41449df5-318f-48d3-acbc-03773e97a2dc
  6. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: Is it possible to hook up a USB 3.0 adapter to a HDMI female port on my laptop by way of some device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/91340db1-1ef4-4b85-b00e-cf115a6aa5f7
  7. Pc crashes after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc crashes after sleep mode: Does anyone have any experience with this? After my pc wakes up from Sleep Mode I am usually met with 15-20 seconds of normal operation as all my peripherals start to become unresponsive. Then my screen freezes, sometimes displaying the BSOD, sometimes it just hard-freezes....
  8. HDMI LCD Not Detected after SLEEP mode

HDMI LCD Not Detected after SLEEP mode: I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce...
  9. Deep sleep mode Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deep sleep mode Ethernet port: I bought a new motherboard, because i thought that a ethernet port on the old one died... And now with my NEW motherboard i get the same error when i want to install an Ethernet driver... Can somebody please help me!...
  10. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: My HDMI port on my Dell laptop has stopped working after a Microsoft upgrade in April. It does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-port/88ad78b8-7c10-4bb7-a3d8-267ea9e451b0