Windows 10: LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs"

Discus and support LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a frequent problem with new LCDs, but in the case of mine, my LCD panel was secondhand and used. Unfortunately, there appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HoneycombWX, May 12, 2017.

1. LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs"

Not sure if this is a frequent problem with new LCDs, but in the case of mine, my LCD panel was secondhand and used. Unfortunately, there appears to be a shadow of what appears to be an ant or a small bug that appears between the LCD panel and the backlight. While I did manage to move it around some by sticking a suction cup to the part of the screen where this "shadow bug" is at, I only managed to get it only partially away from the top border of the screen.

So, what causes these "shadow bugs" to appear on the LCD to begin with? I thought it was just a speck of dirt but then it wouldn't come off.

LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" [​IMG]

:)

HoneycombWX, May 12, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 12, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" :)

musum, May 12, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs"

An instance of pressure on the screen may cause the spacers and seals between each colour cell (3 for each pixel made up of Red, Blue, and Green) to deform allowing the Liquid crystal medium to spread across several cells, so that the cells cannot be energised to pass light of any colour and appearing as a black shadow. Sometimes a single colour cell is energised by neighbouring cells, resulting in a permanent red, blue or green pixel.

Using suction cups or pressure or tapping the screen can create these artefacts, as well as sometimes remove them.

Alternatively, the diffusion layers of the screen behind the LCD glass can have particles of dust introduced when the screen is jarred, or very small insects may crawl and be trapped to die there, resulting in small shadows.

Fafhrd, May 12, 2017
Thema:

LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs"

1. LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs" - Similar Threads - LCD Screen Shadow

2. Login screen on dedicated LCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen on dedicated LCD: hi,i am using 2 LCD set-up at work: first monitor over HDMI, second over USB-C. After reboot or new start, login screen appears on internal laptop display, although windows has other two LCDs detected and powered. I must open lid and close again and then it switched to preset...
  3. Login screen on dedicated LCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen on dedicated LCD: hi,i am using 2 LCD set-up at work: first monitor over HDMI, second over USB-C. After reboot or new start, login screen appears on internal laptop display, although windows has other two LCDs detected and powered. I must open lid and close again and then it switched to preset...
  4. Forza Horizon 5. Bugged shadows on buildings at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5. Bugged shadows on buildings at night.: I'm experiencing a bug in game in some parts of the map, especially Guanajuato. Shadows appear "blocky" in buildings.I have already contacted forza support but received no response in a week.My post on forza forums was ignored.PC Specs:AMD Ryzen 5 3400gNvidia Geforce 1660...
  5. Don't Crack LCD Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't Crack LCD Screen: Lama Batarfi's Huawei MatePad T10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/dont-crack-lcd-screen/8538deb1-2b14-44f1-841a-038f2a22548c
  6. Shadow bug in monitor screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow bug in monitor screen?: Hello, I am in need of an assistance here.. I updated my Windows to the latest and played Beyond Two Souls.. However I was called downstairs, I paused the game and when I returned, I somewhat discover a monitor bug? In which the "last screen paused" was being stamped as...
  7. Icons cast shadows bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons cast shadows bug?: The icons cast shadows, although I disabled this feature in the system settings in the performance section. Strangely that after rebooting or waking up from sleep mode the shadows appear or on the contrary disappear i dont know how its works...
  8. Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?): this is a rather odd and petty mod id like to do, on a special screen i have on my case (a sonwblind s case) id like the no signal or default background to be white instead of black, reason is because this is a very special translucent that the color black displays as SOLID...
  9. Screen saver and LCD TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen saver and LCD TV.: I'm running Windows 10 Home and using an 40 inch LCD TV as a monitor which is a good 8/9 years old. Do I still need to use a screensaver? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ex7yeo/screen_saver_and_lcd_tv/
  10. White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White shadows on the screen and screen flickering: Hello, After I updated my computer (HP Spectre) to Windows 10 I've been continuously experiencing problems with my display. Sometimes my screen is slightly flickering by itself or during the motion of the mouse. Another problem I currently have is that there are white...