Windows 10: LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

Discus and support LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720 Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DriftyDonn, Apr 20, 2020.

1. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720
    Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM

I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated junk? Can I delete and reclaim space?
    C:/Windows/Servicing/LCU/Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.720.1.0/
    with many esoteric folders which have 2 sub folders- r and f - each w/ one .mui file.
    Perplexing just to think someone coded this!!
    Thank you
    Don

:)

DriftyDonn, Apr 20, 2020

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Apr 20, 2020
  3. What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

1. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it? - Similar Threads - LCU folder LARGE

2. Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder: I can't change LCU folder permission to administrator because it might break windows update and I can't start component cleanup to delete recent rollup mix file in LCU folder because it says its not recommended in command prompt. And I have 2 rollup mix files in LCU folder. I...
  3. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  4. LCU Folder

LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  5. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  6. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  7. Question about lcu folder

8. LCU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU: Can not remove LCU, how do I remove the DIR and contents of LCU, It is over 1GB, It takes over 1 hour for my virus program to run, I need help !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu/4f7a88c0-3ac8-4e7d-bc71-3bd6220cd0fa
  9. lcu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lcu: How do I delete LCU folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu/18af7a3c-7a90-42f4-b362-8723df18cec3
  10. What is this large folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this large folder?: I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages What's the purpose of that folder? 132688

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c\windows\servicing\lcu\package_for_rollupfix

2. windows servicing lcu folder what is it