Windows 10: LCU Folder

Discus and support LCU Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EstherEmily, May 12, 2022.

1. LCU Folder

1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created?

:)

EstherEmily, May 12, 2022

2. What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, May 12, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Remove LCU -- Instructions

I suggest you search TenForums as the subject of LCU has been discussed several times.

I thought people just went to the LCU folder and deleted old update packages from there directly but I might be wrong as I always rely on Disk cleanup to do it for me instead.
    C:\Windows\servicing\LCU
    Disk Cleanup - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. Bree Win User

LCU Folder

LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

I am in a position to test this, having a VM that was yet to get the April 'Patch Tuesday' CU, or the latest optional CU that followed.

Initially LCU held just the one folder....

LCU Folder [​IMG]

Installing the 'Patch Tuesday' CU increased that to two...

LCU Folder [​IMG]

...and then installing the optional 'D' CU added a third.

LCU Folder [​IMG]

But Disk Clean-up's 'Windows Update Clean-up' then removed all but the latest one. So no, it won't grow if you use Disk Clean-up regularly.

LCU Folder [​IMG]

Thema:

LCU Folder

1. LCU Folder - Similar Threads - LCU Folder

2. Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder: I can't change LCU folder permission to administrator because it might break windows update and I can't start component cleanup to delete recent rollup mix file in LCU folder because it says its not recommended in command prompt. And I have 2 rollup mix files in LCU folder. I...
  3. Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder: I can't change LCU folder permission to administrator because it might break windows update and I can't start component cleanup to delete recent rollup mix file in LCU folder because it says its not recommended in command prompt. And I have 2 rollup mix files in LCU folder. I...
  4. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  5. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  6. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  7. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?: After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally find to delete them to clear storage. But theres no LCU folder there. Did the newest update delete or move that folder? 167480
  9. Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?: I tried to manually delete the LCU folder. But I get a message saying it requires permission. I give it that permission but I still get this message coming up. I dont get it. Please see the message below.. [img] 156967
  10. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?: win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720 Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated junk? Can I delete and reclaim space? C:/Windows/Servicing/LCU/Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.720.1.0/...