Windows 10: LCU

Discus and support LCU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can not remove LCU, how do I remove the DIR and contents of LCU, It is over 1GB, It takes over 1 hour for my virus program to run, I need help !!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruce MCarlson, Nov 4, 2021.

1. LCU

Can not remove LCU, how do I remove the DIR and contents of LCU, It is over 1GB, It takes over 1 hour for my virus program to run, I need help !!!

:)

Bruce MCarlson, Nov 4, 2021

2. What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Nov 4, 2021
  3. What is LCU / SSU

As described in the recent 2 update histories, Microsoft Team can you please elaborate what is SSU and LCU? (Guess: SSU is Servicing Stack Update)

I cannot find a reference for this. Thank you in advance

Important When installing both the SSU (KB4093432) and the LCU updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog,
    install the SSU before installing the LCU.

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093107

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

LCU

Deploy Windows 10 SSUs and LCUs together with one cumulative update

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1967887

Brink, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

LCU

1. LCU - Similar Threads - LCU

2. LCU files missing, know directory I need, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LCU files missing, know directory I need, how do I get it back?: All of the articles I can find online regarding LCU files are "Can I delete them?"I cannot install the latest windows 10 cumulative update because there is a missing LCU directory structure at \windows\servicing\lcu. Normally there are the previous 3 LCU directories there,...
  3. LCU files missing, know directory I need, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU files missing, know directory I need, how do I get it back?: All of the articles I can find online regarding LCU files are "Can I delete them?"I cannot install the latest windows 10 cumulative update because there is a missing LCU directory structure at \windows\servicing\lcu. Normally there are the previous 3 LCU directories there,...
  4. LCU files missing, know directory I need, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to remove the latest LCU via DISM. Microsoft says so but no one on this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to remove the latest LCU via DISM. Microsoft says so but no one on this...: This info. is on the Update History area in Settings: "If you want to remove the LCUTo remove the LCU after installing the combined SSU and LCU package, use the DISM/Remove-Package command line option with the LCU package name as the argument. You can find the package name by...
  6. Is it possible to remove the latest LCU via DISM. Microsoft says so but no one on this...

Is it possible to remove the latest LCU via DISM. Microsoft says so but no one on this...: This info. is on the Update History area in Settings: "If you want to remove the LCUTo remove the LCU after installing the combined SSU and LCU package, use the DISM/Remove-Package command line option with the LCU package name as the argument. You can find the package name by...
  7. Is it possible to remove the latest LCU via DISM. Microsoft says so but no one on this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  9. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  10. Removal of LCU to create storage space.