Windows 10: Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not

Discus and support Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Leaked screenshots of Windows 10 build 10154 reached the web only a few hours ago, and although this version is not yet up for grabs, we can already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 26, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not

Source

labeeman, Jun 26, 2015

2. Interesting

Don't need the Pro version, but for $1 I would take it *Smile

:)

paulsalter, Jun 26, 2015
  3. Does the Windows 10 upgrade last forever even if I format my PC or buy a new PC in the future?

There was a leak from NewEgg for the OEM System Builder pricing:

• $149.99 – Windows 10 Professional
    • $109.99 – Windows 10 Home
    Newegg just leaked the Windows 10 price and release date

Philip Yip, Jun 26, 2015
  4. Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not

Will I be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

My upgrade path is as follows, and I'm trying to determine if I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro licence:

• Bought PC[1] with Windows 7 Home, and then purchased an upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro

during a promotion
    • Bought PC[2] with Windows 8.1 Home, and transferred the Windows 8.1 Pro to the new machine (rolling back PC[1] to the original Windows 7 Home licence)
    • Updated PC[2] to Windows 10 Pro this fall.
    • Bought PC[3] over Boxing day with Windows 10 Home.
    Can I now transfer the Pro licence from PC[2] to PC[3] (rolling back PC[2] to Windows 8.1 Home, and then upgrading to Windows 10 Home?

Bipedalmammal, Jun 26, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    That would only cost me a beer*Tongue. Todays exchange rate:
    Attachment 22557

Cliff S, Jun 26, 2015
  6. Be about 1/7th of a pint over here that money (64p)

paulsalter, Jun 26, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Sounds to good to be true. Probably a placeholder as mentioned.

Winuser, Jun 26, 2015
  8. DavidY Win User

*Ditto
    The only faint hope is for an introductory offer at a cheaper price, but even that will be more than $1.

DavidY, Jun 26, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    I'd be very surprised if the don't offer a discount when Windows 10 first comes out. If they do and the price is right I'll buy two Windows Pro licenses.

Winuser, Jun 26, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    I'd update wife's laptop for a buck, I'm already at Pro, came with the machine.

gzt7d8, Jun 26, 2015
  11. I'm just about as skeptical of that one as I was about Microsoft handing out free licenses to Insiders.

cyberrufus, Jun 26, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Think of it. If they make the upgrade for home users (cheap is the wrong word) affordable to a wide band of people, more people will do it and they'ld make a killin' with the 1,000,000,000 device target. But if it stays to expensive for most maybe only a few hundred thousand will do it.

Cliff S, Jun 26, 2015
  13. bromanbro Win User

True, I'd definitely upgrade my (original 7 home) to 10 pro....though I have a feeling that the upgrade's just to encourage people to enter credit card information to get them "aquianted" with the Win10 store.

bromanbro, Jun 26, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    That'd be a problem for me. The one thing I don't do, is any financial transactions, or even balance checks online or with my PC. I only do SCT's(SEPA Credit Transfers) from my bank.

Cliff S, Jun 26, 2015
  15. ARC1020 Win User
    Although I currently use 'Pro' versions of Windows 8 (so it doesn't affect me personally), to be honest I was disappointed that Microsoft decided to have both a 'Home' and a 'Pro' version of Windows 10 anyway.

When they initially talked about 'One' Windows and then came up with all the bullsh... spiel about in the future people would just have to say they're running 'Windows', I assumed that was going to mean they would finally just combine the two so everyone was on the same version of Windows (which would be Windows Pro). But no, they had to complicate it.

Just the other day I was looking through the Dell website and they don't even state what version of Windows, just '64bit'. IMO it would have made everything so much simpler for everyone if Microsoft stuck to their word and just had Windows 10 and Windows 10 Enterprise.

ARC1020, Jun 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not - Similar Threads - Leaked Screenshot Reveals

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  5. Leaked screenshots reveal the look of new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked screenshots reveal the look of new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10: Microsoft is working on a new version of the Edge browser based on Chromium, the platform on which Google Chrome runs. Microsoft is expected to release a preview build in early 2019 which would provide more details of the new Chromium-based Edge browser. Currently, the...
  6. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...
  7. Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher: [img] New screenshots of an unreleased Windows 10 for Phones build have leaked online, showing off a new task switcher and other notable improvements. The images, shared by WindowsMania.pl, show not only the new task switcher, which appears to display active apps in...
  8. Screenshots from Windows 10 build 10022 leak

in Windows 10 News
    Screenshots from Windows 10 build 10022 leak: [img] Microsoft has been releasing Windows 10 builds at a fairly steady cadence and because of this, leaks of Windows 10 builds have been far fewer than previous versions of the OS. With that being said, images of build 10022 have shown up online but don't show much...
  9. Leaked screenshots from Windows 10 build 10009 reveal updated Recycle

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked screenshots from Windows 10 build 10009 reveal updated Recycle: [img] Today is a good day. It appears Microsoft has finally updated the Recycle Bin icon, something that hasn't happened in over 7 years. Screenshots from build 10009 have leaked onto the internet revealing a number of different icon changes. The Recycle Bin is just...
  10. Leaked Win 10 Mobile Rs Screenshots Reveal Call Audio Routing Option

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked Win 10 Mobile Rs Screenshots Reveal Call Audio Routing Option: Leaked Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Screenshots Reveal Call Audio Routing Option Redstone bringing new feature on Windows 10 Mobile devices [img] The Redstone update will bring several new features on Windows 10 Mobile devices and these include call audio routing...